Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cluttered plane of life...

Spring...here I am at my kitchen table...my taxes done...my house spotless from top to bottom...every window washed sparkling in the sun...my office completely organized and filed...in fact I even got it painted...that is after I built that desk I wanted...painted my kitchen...got my new lawn planted...got myself out of debt...while cooking a gourmet meal for my family in my body I had lost...well we won't say how much I lost from that bike ride across the country...while I wrote a couple books along the way...and I know you all are sitting there wondering who took over Penny's writing...I have an answer for that.

Ahhh the peach tree is blooming...makes it feel like Spring indeed...


THE APRIL FOOL OF COURSE!!!!   And so I give you all a glimpse of my list perhaps...things I think would be things I think if I  had all this accomplished I would have more time for You Lord...more time for my family...more time to do those things I love to do...

I of course am brought back to the real world and am so reminded of it and I smile as I read Jesus Calling by Sarah Young for today.  How I love how God gives you things different places...In case I haven't mentioned--I love this devotional.  Perhaps maybe for the journey that I am on and it seems to be going along with me.   God gave me "Enjoying Peace in His Presence" for a reason!   And I smile at the others whose life it touches...though I think sometimes it must have been written just for me...an example of when one listens to God...what amazing things can happen.   But here I go up on my soapbox while riding my bike...that could lead to a wreck.   Today's reading says:

"I AM CALLING YOU to a life of constant communion with Me.  Basic training includes learning to live above your circumstances, even while interacting on that cluttered plane of life [Oh yes this hit me] You yearn for a simplified lifestyle, so that your communication with Me can be uninterrupted.  But I challenge you to relinquish the fantasy of an uncluttered world.  Accept each day just as it comes, and find Me in the midst of it all. 

Talk with Me about every aspect of your day, including your feelings.  Remember that your ultimate goal is not to control or fix everything around you; it is to keep communing with Me.  A successful day is one in which you have stayed in touch with Me, even if many things remain undone at the end of the day.  Do not let your to-do list (written or mental) become an idol directing your life.  Instead, ask My Spirit to guide you moment by moment.  He will keep you close to Me."
And the scripture that goes with the reading today...1 Thessalonians 5:17...a simple one that packs a lot of punch...

"Pray without ceasing."

That is one that does speak to you...it seems I am being taught more and more on praying...and it isn't just something you do before your meal...something I only do at my kitchen table...it is something that we do often...in fact here it says without CEASING!!    Hmmm just how much is that?   

I then read the second scripture (she usually lists a couple scriptures that are incorporated in the writing...sometimes you get to reading those and off you go...)   So here is the second which is also the April verse of the month.  Well Proverbs 3:6 is but it seems to me that 5 has to be included as well!


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths."



This one just seemed to hit me where I live...you know right here on my "cluttered plane of life".   Yearning yes for a "simplified lifestyle".   But I love the words "Accept each day just as it comes, and find Me in the midst of it all"!


So I look at the calendar reading for the day and it seems to yes be on the same theme for me...Amazing sometimes...


"Anytime people set goals for their lives that require great striving, intense frustration, repeated failures, and manipulation of others--that is an unrealistic goal...Now, I'm not saying that the achievement of goals doesn't require effort, education, training, or the development of skills.  Those factors are always necessary in the attainment of any goal that is worthy.  God doesn't give us talents and abilities that are fully developed.  He requires that we sharpen them...It's another thing entirely to commit yourself to becoming an opera singer when you can't carry a tune in a bucket."
So I guess there goes my opera singing career...but I think you probably get the point that Charles Stanley was saying in "God's Way   Day by Day".    Don't get me wrong...I will still strive to accomplish goals and tasks...but I can't get the song out of my head by Keith Urban "You Gonna Fly with Me" and I think of this picture I caught of this butterfly as I patiently waited for it to fly...and I think I wonder if God thinks that of me...and it is almost as though He says...



"You could be a blackbird on a country street
Hiding from the world with a broken wing
But you better believe you're gonna fly with Me

And you could be a songbird from New Orleans
scared of the rain, just as scared to sing
But you better believe you're gonna fly with Me." 


So I leave you with Keith Urban's song...and just crank it up...sing along and may you FLY!


 Have a great day...and APRIL FOOLS...oh yeah the day's not over yet!!
lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment