Tuesday, April 10, 2012

WORDS

So I know I know I shouldn't even be using any WORDS I should be doing strictly numbers to those of you that are trying to keep me on task to get my taxes done.   But I came across such a great read today that I really wanted to share it.   I have been hearing the word--WORDS alot lately...watch them...listen to them...obey them...share them...

You see I have to watch my words...I have what some might used to have referred to as a smart mouth...I don't think they were referring to my intelligence either!   I speak fluent sarcasm...often without first thinking about what is coming out of my mouth...thus I really do need to think about my words which brings me to what I want to share...BUT first I put in pics of my lilacs at work...can you smell them!!  This is right out my window...and one wonders why I get distracted!!  :)  Look at the butterflies...this is usually where Bob and Alice build a nest...but I am thinking they might have been singing, "we're moving on up to the east side...to the deluxe elms in the sky"   I seen two doves that acted like they might be living there...I will have to check it out...oh and you see there I went...

Lord please let my words be sweet...for tomorrow they may be words I have to eat...

So here is the reading...I get Girlfriends in God sent to my e-mail everyday and I usually share it with several but...today I wanted to make sure I kept this one as a reminder...I have thought about wanting to write a book..."What to tell me when I get older--note to self!"   But anyway here is the writing by Sharon Jaynes...I will try and put a link there so you can check out their site... http://www.girlfriendsingod.com/

April 10, 2012
You’ll Meet An Old Lady One Day

Sharon Jaynes

Today’s Truth
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control,” (Galatians 5:22 NIV).

Friend to Friend
One of my favorite books I have written is
The Power of a Woman’s Words. One of my favorite sentences in this favorite book is, “Our words become the mirrors in which other people see themselves.” That is a huge responsibility and a powerful privilege.
At the very end of the book, I included a piece that someone passed along to me, and I want to pass it along to you today. I think about it often and pray about it frequently. Let me know what you think.
You are going to meet an old lady someday. Down the road, ten, twenty, thirty years; she’s waiting for you. You will catch up to her. What kind of old lady are you going to meet?
She may be a seasoned, soft and gracious lady. A lady who has gown old gracefully, surrounded by a host of friends – friends who call her blessed because of what her life has meant to them. She may be a bitter, disillusioned, dried-up cynical old buzzard, without a good word for anyone or anything – soured, friendless, alone. The kind of old lady you will meet will depend entirely upon you.
She will be exactly what you make of her, nothing more, nothing less. It is up to you. You will have no one else to credit or blame. Every day, in every way, you are becoming more and more like that old lady. You are getting to look more like her, think more like her and talk more like her. You are becoming her. If you live only in terms of what you are getting out of life, the old lady gets smaller, drier, harder, crabbier, more self-centered. Open your life to others. Think in terms of what you can give and you contribution to life, and the old lady grows larger, softer, kinder, greater.
These little things, seemingly so unimportant now – attitudes, goals, ambitions, desires – are adding up inside where you cannot see them, crystallizing in your heart and mind. The point is these things don’t always show up immediately. But they will – sooner than you think. Some day they will harden into that old lady; nothing will be able to soften or change them then.
The time to take care of that old lady is right now, today. Examine your motives, attitudes, goals. Check up on her. Work her over now while she is still pliable, still in a formative condition. Then you will be much more likely to meet a lovely, gracious old lady at the proper time.
So, tell me what you think.
Let’s Pray
Father, may the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in Your sight today. Help me to be the woman that You created me to be.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Now It’s Your Turn
Go back and look at today’s truth. Which one of the fruits of the Spirit do you need to fertilize with prayer to make it grow in your life?

More from the Girlfriends
I wouldn’t call it a “spoiler,” but you did get to read the very end of Sharon’s book,
The Power of a Woman’s Words. If you’d like to learn more about how to be a woman who speaks life into those around her, and “work over” that woman that you will one day become, then check it out on her website, www.sharonjaynes.com

So I think back on WORDS...and let me use mine wisely...I show another pic from out my window...



So in case some of you may wonder just where my little office on the prairie is down by the river...here is looking at my windows to my office...it's tough duty but someone has to do it!!!  If you keep looking to the north you see a big batch of buffalo grass and behind that the old West Ranch Headquarter buildings and past that the Arkansas River...Tonight on the way home I got held up in traffic...I had to wait for two dear to cross the highway and then got to watch each of them clear the fence...I took my lunch break on a walk down towards the river...not a bad gig at all...

Yes my windows were open today...so I sometimes get a little distracted...but not too bad!!!

Ohhh Spring it has arrived and the green is coming...come on rain...and I give thanks and ask for help with my WORDS!!

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment