Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sometimes sunrises don't wait...sometimes they do...

This morning at my kitchen table I was later than I could have been...you know the wake up and think I'll lay there and then doze back...it was still before 6 and so I come out and see the fog that seemed to take over the morning.   Not to the point that you couldn't see anything but just enough that adds that little extra beauty...

I wondered if my camera could catch it and so off I went to take a picture.  It was still early enough that I thought I shouldn't have much traffic.   After all do I want to be known as the crazy old woman strolling around in her jammies snapping pictures....ahhh I guess if that is it is.   My dad always said if they are talking about me they are leaving someone else alone.   And come to think of it...probably anyone who travels my road might not even notice or probably wouldn't care if they did.   I can hide you know!


Anyway I wanted to catch the alfalfa field and so I interrupted my reading and had said sunrises do not wait on anyone.   I thought I was catching the best part of it.    It was beautiful I confess.  But then when I came back in...I went back to reading and looked up and you know sometimes sunrises do wait because now the sun was coming up and the beauty of the morning seemed to just leave me in awwww....that would be awwww as in awesome as compared to ahhhhh isn't that sweet or my sarcastic side comes up with "special...hmmm I think of the spelling of my Ahma name...oh well where was I?

And so I just head out to the porch this time...but oh the sun in all its magnificence...



And I really don't capture the complete beauty of it...but you get my drift...do you notice where the sun is in location to the barn...it has moved way north...winter is gone...oh sure we may still have some more snow...but I take pictures of the puddles!   A gift from God...and I think of things that we think that this will not wait!   But you know sometimes it does and it may not be better but sometimes it is.  I read a deal the other day that says God has three answers...Yes...No...and Wait!  

I am reminded that today is Maundy Thursday...I think of my brother and wishing  I could watch him in his beard...as he performs in the Last Supper...and I think of the Last Supper and am reminded of my Christian faith...that this time of year is the Foundation for our Faith...



As many of you are well aware...I am far from a Bible scholar so I look up Maundy...and it says...

What Does "Maundy" Mean?

Derived from the Latin word mandatum, meaning "commandment," Maundy refers to the commands Jesus gave his disciples at the Last Supper: to love with humility by serving one another and to remember His sacrifice.

I can't think of anything better to do today...

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment