Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday...

Today...Good Friday...Good Friday in so many ways...I am not working...may get to see my kids...but GOOD FRIDAY...a part of my faith.    I struggle at times to understand the why's...but my faith says it is so...why would Jesus have to die upon the cross!   But He did...and for that I am thankful.  Which goes with the Jesus Calling devotion by Sarah Young this morning!

"BRING ME The SACRIFICE of thanksgiving. 
Take nothing for granted, not even the rising of the sun."


But there was more...and then it went on to say:

"When you focus on what you don't have or on situations that displease you, your mind also becomes darkened.  You take for granted life, salvation, sunshine, flowers, and countless other gifts from Me.  You look for what is wrong and refuse to enjoy life until that is "fixed."

When you approach Me with thanksgiving, the Light of My Presence pours into you, transforming you through and through.  Walk in the Light with Me by practicing the discipline of THANKSGIVING."


And no more than had I read that did I begin to view another amazing sunrise.   So I stopped and again went to take pictures....and just like yesterday...it had so many phases.   I stood on my porch and begin to take in each little step as it rose...and when I came in it was as though I should look at John.  I began putting words from John 19.   When I had finished the story of our Lord's death...it was as though it should go with the pictures I had taken...so I share the story with you...that you may reflect and give thanks as well...so I put in my slide collection...














So be thankful for this day....be thankful for sunrises...for those you love...make it a Good Friday!

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment