Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Prayers...

Here at my kitchen table this morning...I was reminded of someone special...someone adored....someone to pray for...you know her...an amazing woman...adored by all...who has been diagnosed with cancer!  And her family asks for prayers!   Prayers as she has only been given a certain amount of time they say.  THEY...I know THEY are doing their job and I am thankful for the THEY's that they do their jobs.   But actually perhaps we might all do differently if we were told we had 6 weeks....6 months....6 years.   It sort of puts things in perspective...the things that are important...the things that well....really aren't!

I have seen loss and felt it to its core.  I do not take it lightly.   But I know we are not guaranteed...and so I pray...but what do I pray for?   And I was given Romans 8 this morning...and I look at 8:26-27.   I look at different translations as the "groaning" part hits me...but in times like this...there is in fact GROANING...but this one seemed to say more...

Romans 8:26-27

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Our Victory in Christ
26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; 27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
and this is followed by yet another that is familiar and comforting as well!  I go back to the King James becomes it is the one we know and love...

Romans 8:28

King James Version (KJV)
28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

If any of you know Kay...yes I know each has their own name to fill in but today it is Kay for me...she is an amazing woman!   Her smile can light up a room.   She raised 5 boys in Texas...and these boys were all boy...but have each grown to be great men in their own rights...and much because of a mother's love and prayers!  I think just raising even one of them might have put her in the running for sainthood and we won't even talk about her brother (WHO I LOVE DEARLY)!   Okay now my friend from down south would tell me..."Ya'll are just being ugly!"   They all know that I love them!

So today I want them to know that there are many praying for them...and I pray for strength and comfort...I read the God Calling devotional by A.J. Russell...the Two Listeners...and I share it...

April 24 - I Go Before
You can never perish, My children, because within you is the Life of Life. The Life that down the ages has kept My servants, in peril, in adversity, in sorrow.
Once you are born of the Spirit, that is your Life's breath. You must never doubt, never worry, but step by step, the way to freedom must be trodden. See that you walk it with Me.
This means no worry, no anxiety, but it does not mean no effort. When My Disciples told Me that they had toiled all night and taken nothing, I did not fill the boat with fishes without effort on their part. No! My Command stood. "Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught."
Their lives were endangered, the ship nearly sank, the help of their fellows had to be summoned, and there were broken nets to mend. Any one of these troubles might have made them feel My help was not for them. And yet as they sat on the shore and mended those nets, they would see My Love and Care.
Man rises by effort
The man who reaches the mountain height by the help of train or car has learned no climber's lesson. But remember this does not mean no Guide -- this does not mean that My Spirit is not supplying wisdom and strength. How often, when sometimes you little know it, do I go before you to prepare the way, to soften the heart here, to overrule there.
"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish." John 10:28

And then I take part of the Jesus Calling by Sarah Young devotion for today:
"REST IN THE STILLNESS of My Presence while I prepare you for this day.  Let the radiance of My Glory Shine upon you, as you wait on Me in confident trust.  Be still and know that I am God.  There is both a passive and an active side to trusting Me.  As you rest in My Presence, focusing on Me, I quietly build bonds of trust between us.  When you respond to the circumstances of your life with affirmations of trust, you actively participate in this process."



Okay I know Kay would be thinking WHY has she put up my picture and wrote about me...Kay is one who always seems to put others first...such an amazing woman that we can all learn so much from.   So many love this woman dearly and we hold you and your family up in prayer!   Love you Kay!

And this is a PS I guess as this song was given to me on the drive...It needs put in...for who I don't know...



lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment