Friday, March 30, 2012

See you again...

And another beautiful Friday....and you might be thinking it is not her flex Friday...hahaha I am sure you keep track!   BUT today is a FURLOUGH Friday...yes that would be a day you don't have to work...but to save money...you don't get paid!   But I use it as a good chance to kick off a 4 day weekend...see Monday is going to be another Ahma Monday...until Grammy gets back from Mexico...hope they had a great time!!

I think of last night...the Limon Chamber of Commerce honored Jay Sheridan as the 2011 Chuck Stone Memorial Citizen of the Year...



This was a very thoughtful gesture on the Town of Limon's Chamber...a touching tribute to a special person in our lives...A delicious meal of "wedding beef"...(I smile because Autumn was excited about "wedding beef" and I couldn't help but think of Jay talking of "wedding beef" I had not ever heard of it called that before but he said it was a popular item up in their area...and it was pretty tasty) along with mashed potatoes and green beans...Izzy loves green beans and a beautiful salad...and then a tasty apple cobbler...a very nice dinner...

Aunt Aum and Izzy feeding each other...Didn't even make a mess..
beautiful smile Autumn!!


Followed up by the order of business and then an awesome tribute by Micheal Yowell...how this guy does it I do not know!   He is an excellent speaker...I so admire his talent and ability and  his words just hit you...a gift indeed!   He can have you to tears and laughs in seconds.   Those of you that were at Jay's funeral heard him speak...and well he did it again...This was followed by a PowerPoint of some pictures of Jay...of Izzy...of special memories (and I know I catch grief for taking too many pictures...but these hold some special memories...and sometimes I get some good ones!!!)

Andy and Mike...both Jay's friends...Heather's friends...Andy marrying Jay's sister Autumn...
Good picture of friends...


Heather and Izzy were presented with the plaque above...and a check was given towards Isabel's college...a caring gift from many caring people...but one of the highlights was the little police puppy that was given to Izzy...I must say she loved it!!  I put in a few pictures of moments waiting outside to go into the dinner as well as one I call Puppy Love...and I think of friends...


Puppy Love...a couple of the Yowell's...Lynn and Tyler checking it out...
all wanted to play with Izzy's puppy in police uniform...Russell even commented on the stripes...

After the formal celebration...a group headed over to Southside...this is where I thought of Jay...how he would have loved this part...just hanging out with friends...And I was reminded of my calendar reading that morning...

"A friend loves at all times."  Proverbs 17:17






"A good friend builds us up so that we want to become and to accomplish all that our friend believes we can be and do...A good friend can help you become more productive...and have more enthusiasm for life.  A good friend gives you the confidence to take Godly risks, embrace new challenges, and move to the next level in your work or hobby.  When you know that someone loves you and is standing with you and believes in you...you are far more willing to step out in faith and develop your full potential physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.  A good friendship gives you an abiding confidence."

I love this and how it fits with how we can be friends to each other...how I have had others be this friend to me...how I think of Jay...and think of his friendship to many...I thought of the song by Micheal W. Smith...and I put it in here...Friends are friends forever...



I put in pictures of friends...of laughter...I smile thinking about the last part of God Calling this morning...
"Laughter is the outward expression of joy.  That is why I urge upon you Love and Laughter."
Tried to get the whole group...
What happens at Southside stays at Southside (girls getting tattoos)...
 but what happens elsewhere can be laughed at on a camera phone!!
This must be the party animals...last ones there...
Love Amy and Izzy...
And Gordon if you won't let me take your pic...your elbow will do...but the reason two...
I couldn't resist a little head peeking up so her boyfriend would buy her a drink!!


 Ahhh Jake and Amy...was just too cute not to add...
Does it look like Dilan is punching his mom, Lisa?   No he is giving Izzy knuckles...
I can tell Heather is too busy trying to prove something to the Chief...
and then just a good pic of Mike...
Aunt Aum and Uncle Androo to be...Such a good picture...just had to touch it up Androo!

I am thankful for friends and laughter...I think of Mike and Ty...who I am sure it was a hard night all on its own...as they I am sure were thinking of their Mom who they had lost 5 years before...and Mike you did such an amazing job with I am sure all the emotion you must have had...I pull up one of the pictures that was on the PowerPoint...as I think of these two...and I think of those we have lost...of their sister Shonda's words as she spoke of Loving and Missing her Mom...how I thought she must have been a special woman to have such special children....and how that love continues on...we feel it...we pass it on...

Tyler and Mike Yowell with Jay on Izzy's 1st Birthday...Laughter and Friends...

And I was thinking how at my kitchen table I looked out at my front yard...it is just manure right now...the grass that was there has died because of drought...of wanting to put in a different kind...but I want to plant back grass this year...though it won't be like it was...I  hope to see something good instead of just sitting here wishing there was grass...and I think about those we have lost...and how all the hoping in the world can't bring them back...how we have to keep going... watering what we have...planting more...but we still can carry them with us and like that grass...we will see them again some day...

I came across this song when I was looking for Friends are friends forever...but I leave this for those we have lost though still with us...Someday I'll See You Again by Westlife...





And as I think of I will see you again...I think how we see little pieces of Jay every time we see one little Firecracker...I have to leave this with a story that was told by Heather that is definitely Jay's Peanut..definitely one that would have him rolling..."Izzy has out her fishing pole and says, "Mom, I caught a fish...now do I shoot him?"  I'm sure her dad would be saying...that's my girl...Oh LOVE that Izzy Bell...

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment