Saturday, March 3, 2012

Time marches on...

And so I had a collage of thoughts and ideas swirling around in my mind...you know a typical Saturday "bike ride" blog.  With March coming in like a lion or however it blew in I wonder what the month holds in store...And so even though I sort of was leaning one direction on how to start writing as I seemed to be nudged to write...that was changed quickly due to the "heavy traffic" heading down our road...The Sharon boys...this would be the boys of one of the "Sharon boys"...Trent's boys are some cuties indeed. Anyway Tim was out working and gave me a call and said take a peek out at the little cowboys coming...I love that I have views such as this off my front porch.



 And as I was out helping Tim move a heifer...I caught sight of the cowboys returning so I hurried back in the house and then headed out to catch a closer pic...and so these cowboys seen me coming and stopped.   They were traveling with Uncle Luke as they didn't want to ride back in the pickup and trailer with the rest of the group.   And Uncle Luke seemed more than happy to ride along on this beautiful day...okay maybe a little windy...but beautiful all the same...and I think how it doesn't seem that long ago I seen these boys' daddy riding with his brothers.


And I am happy for this smile...and want to share the pic with Heather as her and Trent started kindergarten together...and always a special friend...and a great daddy I am sure...always fun to see these little ones growing up.   I am thankful for the spin that these guys put on the day.   We had started the day out losing a ewe of Lance's.   She wasn't just any ewe she was a "good" ewe...she had done well at the Stock Show and it adds to part of my thought of the last few days...I throw in a couple pics of her just cause...




And that gets me to where I had been originally maybe going as I was thinking of yesterday it had been a year since we lost Curtis Ball and I had wanted to put up something to remember him and just to say to his family how others thought what a special person he was.  I think of this ewe and I think of yesterday as I was eating my cereal and looking at the pics on my bird cage and I wrote in my journal as I look at his picture holding Isabel looking in the mirror at her and I write... "And he got to die..."this man" the man who was loved and will be missed.  Not the man who was hated and hoped would die."   And I thought of Curtis as well...another guy loved by many...no not perfect but still good men.   Good men with their own unique faith...but faith all the same.   Faith that makes me believe they have gone on to Heaven to wait for us.

And Tim talks of the ewe and says why isn't it the "one-eyed three-legged ones"...I smile and think of Curtis's wife--Doris and I talking of our sheep venture we could be the "titless--nutless" breed I believe it was.   BUT I am reminded that it is not my place to Judge...It is not mine to say who should live and who should not...and it is a fact of life this thing called death.   I am thankful for my faith that as a Christian I believe that there is more to this life than this life....and it is not mine to question...but one thing I know...I love and miss these guys.  And proud to have known them.

In my stash of undeveloped film that my family had gave me for Christmas turns out there was many more and so when we had Christmas with the Lances...my Lance (with help from his sister) happened to have my stocking and he gave me more albums of pictures and there are some there of Curt...so I find one that I think of how time marches on...while I love this picture...I realize how much time has "marched on" and I think of the Tracy Lawrence song...Time marches on...time marches on...I think of how these grandchildren are growing up so fast...but all of these little ones...I am thankful that they are all surrounded by those who love them...and have an assurance that those they have lost loved them as well...



And though it is sad losing those we love so...I am still thankful that we had them to love...So I look back at this collage of a few pictures that I got to play with on Photoshop as well as my thoughts...and I hope they bring smiles even though they are glaring reminders of how quickly time does march on...

Was fun getting to play with my "Ahma sized toy" and looking at special pictures and memories on this bike ride! 

lyp 

No comments:

Post a Comment