Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First day of spring...

I am not going to lie...I started this day off moaning and whining about the wind (and have continued some throughout the day)...just like I am sure many others did...and so when I went to my kitchen table and read Jesus Calling by Sarah Young devotional...it was one of those, "YOU TALKING TO ME!" 

It reads...

"THANK ME FOR THE GLORIOUS GIFT OF MY SPIRIT.  This is like priming the pump of a well.  As you bring Me the sacrifice of thanksgiving, regardless of your feelings, My Spirit is able to work more freely within you.  This produces more thankfulness and more freedom, until you are overflowing with gratitude.

I shower blessings on you daily, but sometimes you don't perceive them.  When your mind is stuck on a negative focus, you see neither Me nor My gifts.  In faith, thank Me for whatever is preoccupying your mind.  This will clear the blockage so that you can find Me."  2 Corinthians 5:5; 2 Corinthians 3:17; Psalm 50:14

Psalm 50:14

New King James Version (NKJV)
14 Offer to God thanksgiving,
And pay your vows to the Most High.
 The "blockage" isn't that the truth...good thing I was a plumbers daughter so I understand on this terminology!!   So I think of this morning and the things I began to stop and give thanks for...instead of I DON'T WANT TO GO TO WORK...Thank you for the job I have been given...instead of THIS WIND IS AWFUL...Thank you for this shelter from the storm...and I must confess...after awhile of this...my "blockage" did seem to not be so much.

I seen that there were many who were having "bad" days...and I looked at my calendar at work,



"The day the Lord created HOPE was probably the same day He created Spring." (Bern Williams) 

 I must confess I was not sure who Bern Williams was...I see that there was a Bern Williams who was a baseball player...thus the love of spring!! :)   But in looking I find a few more Bern Williams quotes:

 "Sooner or later we all quote our mothers.

And perhaps one that is definitely food for thought:

     “Man never made any material as resilient as the human butt.   (and I make a correction because when I went to shut down there was another that said SPIRIT in place of butt...BUT me being me I leave both in!!)      

But I go back to HOPE and SPRING...and perhaps today is more of a I hope tomorrow isn't like this...but I still want to be thankful and "prime my pump!"   So I say
                                                        


And I just got an update a bit ago...Rain Alert for Olney Springs!!   HOPE...yep that's it!!

So this is my walk today...as in my thanksgiving theme...I AM THANKFUL I DON'T HAVE TO GO OUT THERE!!

lyp




                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment