Saturday, March 17, 2012

ahhhh she's a good mama!

A Saturday morning at my kitchen table...how I love these days...one of those days from the old Funny Farm...some may not know the sign that sets in my kitchen...

WELCOME TO THE FUNNY FARM..
We may not have it all together but together we have it all...

This blog has been all over before it even hit the board...I started my morning...sleeping in a little later...as the shepherd and I got home late yesterday as we went to the funeral for my "sister" Jo's dad.   Though God did not give me a sister by my mother and father...he gave me one through love in marrying my brother...one of my favorite women...and so when talking about mama's...how appropriate to put her here.   And I send my heartfelt love and prayers out to this family and I put up a picture of one of the ultimate "MAMA BEARS".    How I love my friend...and pray for her healing...as she is always there for me!   So I include a picture of her and her GREAT Niece Briana...Rosie and Dirk's little one...she is a cutey.   There was a guy who commented at the funeral that every funeral has one little one that just catches our attention and brings us JOY...and little Briana was indeed that one!



So in looking for songs...for my mama blog...I type in one of my favorite songs that I think of for my kids...one that makes me think of my daughter...but feeling like I have a bigger "Search Engine" another song comes up that makes me always think of my daughter and realize it is perfect for this one.  I smile thinking of yesterday...and Jo's little brother Danny tells her that she reminds him after a comment had made that she sounded like her mom...and he commented that she reminded him of their grandmother and I know that is a compliment as her Grandma Goin was a special woman...and Jo talks of wanting to let her dad know it was okay to go...and that his mom was waiting...it was time for supper...so I can only imagine the emotion when the song chosen unbeknownst to Jo was "Come Home it's Suppertime" sung by a woman who made me think of my mom and my aunt!    But I realize that this was a gift from God to Mary Jo!   Like I said....an amazing woman!  An amazing God!  

So I put in Who I Am by Jessica Andrews...but I find a version of it showing clips from the Lion King...and I smile thinking of the whole Circle of Life theme...and how fitting it is...I think of myself...I am Bessie's granddaughter...Of Heather...I am Peggy's Granddaughter...I think of Jo's grandmother...and that Izzy would sing that she was Penny and Maryann's granddaughter...thus probably contributing to her "crazy" side!!!



So I look at the direction this blog has taken and I smile thinking of my morning reading of Jesus Calling by Sarah Young...and I smile at the words..."COME TO ME FOR UNDERSTANDING, since I know you far better than you know yourself.  I comprehend you in all your complexity; no detail of your life is hidden from Me."   And I look at what I had written before I had got to this..."The complexities of this world and life we live are not as complex as we might make them to be...Bottom line...LOVE AS YE HAVE BEEN LOVED!"    And I guess for this I might have to remind remember who you are completely LOVED by...our Heavenly Parent!  And I look up the scripture for this portion and I recommend that you read all of Psalm 139...beautiful read...but  here I include 1-4. 


And in case you had noticed the purple theme going...this would be for Jo also...these flowers would be the ones from her family and her Aunt Jo...oh yes there is another one out there...who reminds me much of the one I know...or perhaps visa versa...

But I include this part as I realize that many look at this and wonder about the direction and the bike rides I go on...but I smile and take comfort in knowing that God gets me!!!  Even when I don't get myself...and so I carry on in the morning I had...

The shepherd had gotten up early like 3:45 a.m. to shepherd...I call him Big Boy (the lamb that is not the shepherd!!  There are some things I don't share...)...he is just one of those cute ones...a nice solid single!!  I change the background...for some reason I am into backgrounds lately...but I know LaLa would not be that thrilled with his lambs on purple flowers...of course for Aunt Jo he probably would!!   You know those dang accountant types stick together...



Then later on along came twins (And thanks Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Pfeiff for shepherding yesterday and delivering healthy twin lambs as well!)   So I put the new twins from this morning...still fresh when I went to go out and check on another that was to be under my watch while the shepherd went to check cows...so here are the twins...and I do some cropping for the weak of stomach who might not appreciate all that this photo shows of how new they are...



Do you see a strong theme here...singles...twins...these would be the preferences...and so as I said I was left to watch...and so in going out to check...I just as well take my camera...and perhaps I will write a blog on what a beautiful day it is here on the funny farm...one of those days that I know spring is coming...I snap a picture of a bird and the cottonwood...yes that would be green coming on!! And so I add another verse from Psalm 139...


Yes I get distracted from time to time...some may have not noticed...and I notice the clouds and realize how beautiful and CALM it is but that the wind may be coming...and it did come...not near like they were talking...and it is still a beautiful day!   And so I go and check in on the mama who has not started yet...but has assumed the position...and started singing the birthing song...So I decide to go snap some shots around and since this is a mama blog...I put in some mama's and baby shots on the old funny farm...

This one doesn't show that these are twins...but I love how it is snuggled in with mama...
This would be Great Grandpa Pfeiff's delivery!!


And one of the heifer's had calved and watching this one jump and run...
one of those things you just love to watch...

And I continue playing with my pics...I know I know...AHMA size toy!!

One of Izzy and Jay's KIDS...


As you can see...I took a little time and when I went back in the barn and there it was a lamb...but even in my limited amount of shepherd knowledge...I knew this one was a small one...that usually means...MORE TO COME!!    So I get in there and take pics of this new little baby and I think well at least she is a GOOD MAMA!!    And thus you have read through all of this...and there comes my inspiration...my theme...in livestock as well as with human beings...a good mama can make or break you!   Some may not have all the genetics...but if they take care of their little ones...that is a blessing.  No mama's aren't perfect but those that are willing to love that little gift from God they are given...I give thanks. 

One of...???

So giving her a little privacy...I decide I will walk out and get the mail and notice that the wind has decided to kick up and changes the feel but still a beautiful day.  In my break in all my wisdom I decide to call my son.   Those who don't know Lance...he can be very serious about sheep and livestock...and I on the other hand...am just not the caliber of shepherd that he or his father are.   BUT I call him and so for a visual for you...there I am heading in the barn with my hands full of mail because of course I would get a phone book today...cell phone in my hand...don't forget my camera over my shoulder...trying to carry on a conversation with Lance to tell him I have this small baby so I am anticipating MORE...I tell him I don't know how many more she has in her.  To which he replies that WE prefer twins and singles over triplets...(while it seems like a good thing to get that many out of one mama...it tends to bring extra work for the shepherd who usually has to supplement these feedings...that is if all of them live). 


He then asks me what the ewe's number is.   Well WHY would I look at that even though I know I shot several closeups that probably have it on there...I go back into the barn with all the garb in my hands to look and I tell him that she has water and another lamb is coming...I tell him the number and then say I must go...because I can't take pictures...AND he clearly is not impressed that this is my priority...of course the lamb's well being is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE LALA!   Even I laugh at myself trying to make sure I don't miss anything and so I head in the other room to put the mail in a safe spot and get my phone back in my pocket.   I rush back in and there before my eyes...another miracle...I believe this one might be a little bigger...and I hope she also takes this one on.   But she is distracted at first by all of the afterbirth...And I am thankful that God did not create me as such that I felt compelled to eat this after giving birth to my babies...Knowing that I am the charge of this situation I fling my camera over my shoulder and rush in and give mouth to mouth...hahaha just kidding...I just wiped the stuff over its sweet little head and stuck my finger in its mouth saying come on baby it's a great day to be alive...

Then there were two...

This little one starts kicking and mama again gets back on track...partially I am sure because she is wondering why is this psycho woman that keeps clicking that thing at me...sticking her finger in my baby's mouth!!    So I go in the other room to find a towel to get the "gunk" off so I can use my camera again...okay Lance...perhaps you aren't reading this!!   I go back in and get a few more shots...and I head back to the house...I go in and look and there they are right there on the lamb cam...

on the lamb cam...somehow doesn't have the same effect...

so I look back at my computer and notice the shepherd pulling in...he heads straight to the barn...with not a camera one!!  Okay perhaps his phone but he I know is checking to see what is going on...as I have gave him a heads up...that I am birthin some babies!!!

He then comes in the house and proclaims that she has had another...AND THEN THERE WERE THREE!   Triplets...and so of course on my watch we get the triplets...I hope that doesn't mean that if there are bottles to be fed that I will draw that straw.   But so far so good she cleaned them all and they are trying to stand and eat...time will tell...as it always does!


Then there were three...

And so that tells part of my good mama story...I smile as I posted the triplets for my son and a friend of his comments to Lance of his nice mom as we harass him about going on spring break!   You know taking in Vegas...the ocean...Lake Havasu...of course it was Ty's birthday and so of course why wouldn't one take your friend on a road trip to try out that new EcoBoost...I am thankful that they are home safely and I am thankful for the great son I have...though I really can't tell him that often as it would go to his head and he would think he was kind of a big deal....oh never mind!  


I think back of my day yesterday and watching one little girl...loved very much by her mama...then stopping at my daughter's last night after the SHERIDAN girls had a girls day (Heather, Autumn, and Izzy) well Izzy only picked and choosed...she didn't take in the pedi or massage...or OTHER SHOPPING...that I won't share...because like my son probably what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...It might be said what happens in Victoria's Secret...stays in Victoria's Secret!! HAHA  

Okay I get back on task but I add a couple pics...and I get back to my original of how this started...and here is one that reminds us that life goes on...love goes on...one to make you smile for sure...



I also end this with one of my original thoughts of what I wanted to include...and only fitting that the Firecracker Princess is wearing purple...in a princess outfit her and her mama got while having their own day out and about on the town of Limon...I was talking with my friend Mary...and she had noted how much LOVE surrounds Isabel...and I smile and am thankful to God and thankful that she has a GOOD MAMA!!    And I smile at how blessed I am as I look at this picture sent to me from Heather...of this precious gift we have been given...

Princess Isabel...in her Aunt Do favorite color...purple!

 

So I also inlcude the song I was looking for originally because it is one I hope for my children...(and many other children that though I did not give birth too...I love them as well).  I also hope for one precious little Firecracker!   I hope you dance...and though I know I am just a mama who loves her babies...I hope my kids know how very much they are loved and appreciated and how very proud of each of them I am!


God Bless you and keep you...be with you on this journey we call life...and so I end with the words from Jesus Calling...

"As I fill you with My Love, you become a reservoir of love,
 overflowing into the lives of other people."

lyp

1 comment:

  1. Penny, I have so enjoyed your blogs from the last week or so! I know there were some hard days and you all were in my thoughts and prayers! You manage to capture pictures and moments and put them in to thoughts in such a special way! How lucky Izzy is to have a grandma to do this for her. Someday very soon she will express that gratitude to you... It's funny how each time I read your blog it seems I have just finished reading Jesus Calling for the day or just about ready to pick it up and read it. That little book is amazing!! Sometimes I open it and think wow this isn't very long today. But, then I read the 5 or 6 sentences and think it doesn't have to be long because there is so much to think about in that small paragraph and the scripture to follow! I love this little book! Oh, and can so relate to rather having a single or a set of twins rather than triplets! Last year we had 7 or 8 sets of triplets and it turned out OK, but like you said more work for mama (OR SOMEONE ELSE)!

    ReplyDelete