Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A day...

It is funny...not in a haha...but in a sometimes God is amazing...as you wonder...how someone had written something who knows when and that you would happen to be reading at this very moment would seem to be something talking to you...I think of my brother telling me about our God atomic clocks being synchronized or something...but I read the calendar that was given to me by a special FRIEND...thanks Kasey Jo.   Anyway in God's Way Day by Day by Charles Stanley.   Today was court...an emotional day...but the calendar said:


"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." John 15:13

"The dearest treasure of your life--second only to your relationship with Jesus Christ--is a close friend.  A friend loves you unconditionally, catches you when you fall, believes in the best for you and encourages the best in you, understands your deepest concerns, applauds your successes and shares your pain, offers you constructive criticism in times of error, and feels sorrow for you in times of pain or rejection.  A genuine friend is a gift of God's mercy to you."

Friends come in all shapes and sizes some related by blood...others not...but I pray that I might be such a friend to others who have been that to me.

I woke up this morning and couldn't get the 23rd Psalm out of my head and I took it with me today and read it...I was reminded of a recent walk down by the river...going a different path and how the 23rd Psalm had came to me then...Thy rod and Thy staff...  I have a visual also from when we had our sheep hit...He maketh me lie down in green pastures...but I have a little card I read today to remind me...as there were moments when all I could do was pray...

The Lord the Shepherd of His People

A Psalm of David.

23 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell[a] in the house of the Lord
Forever.
The shepherd...and the one in training...the goats are getting pretty big
for the Firecracker to hold...but loved it anyway so include...
 One of those draining days....good night all...I still have some past blogs to finish...had an awesome Firecracker weekend...lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment