Sunday, February 5, 2012

Love this KID!!

Oh the adventures of watching the Firecracker...she loves the goats...but NO she isn't content to just pet them or to look at them...THIS GIRL has to hold them...so today when Oppy and I took her out to see the goats...Oppy was sidetracked with doing other things...you know little things like delivering lambs and the like...didn't he know IZZY needed to see her goats!   She has a video on her mom's phone that she watches of her catching them last time she was here...and so she had even showed Oppy pictures of what she needed to do...so though I start out with a little further in the story...I start from the beginning...

First we started getting ready to go outside...even though Izzy keeps saying, "Where's your snow?   We have a BUNCH...WHOLE BUNCH!"   Said with eyes wide open and amazement that only one does when they seem to see life from a whole different viewpoint...

Anyway she first put on her hat and overalls...after all she was going to see goats!  There are some that are not sure of the hats that Ahma picks but I love this one...Maybe because I would give her daddy such hats as well...and he would humor me as well...she is such a ham...





So when I took her outside she started looking for Oppy...and there he was...and off she ran for him...at which point they made the game plan...she could go with Ahma and look at the goats until Oppy got there and they would go in the pen with them...and so off she headed for the goats...


and so she stopped by the other goats...sat on the hay awhile...went and sat on the fence and yes stood on the barrel...PATIENTLY waiting for OPPY...




And finally Oppy got there...and this is where I just stand in amazement...Izzy has been around goats most of her life...of course when you are quite not three...but she loves them...something she shared with her daddy...and so when Oppy finally got there and got her in the pen...she was ready to catch her some goats.  But then she had to pick each one up...and Oppy said she knew which ones that she had picked up and would go for other ones...I have to admit that I did not notice or could not tell if she had chased the same goat...but I must confess I am not the shepherd that the old shepherd is...and so I just snapped pictures...and laughed...She would go full bore after them and then pick them up and some she would hand to Oppy...


The pictures of this just makes me smile...thinking how one little girl has so much enthusiasm for things...she would just go full out...fall down get back up and keep going...as she went to leave today...she cried because she wanted to tell the goats goodbye...Again I think how it is so important for her to say goodbye...with good reason...

So I heard someone say that writing shouldn't make others sad but inspired...and I think of this little girl and how she carries on the legacy of her daddy in just being a KID!!


Izzy and Oppy...in her custom made sweatshirt from Aunt Shelley's Designs & Stitches...
I am getting behind in my memories and blogs but decided to get this one out...and then see from there...but definitely one of those days you take and hold in your heart...

lyp

1 comment:

  1. I love her too and I have never met her in person. She is such a super kid, forgive the pun...

    ReplyDelete