Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Making Memories of us...

So it has been on my mind that tomorrow is Ash Wednesday...and so it is another anniversary that we will go through.   I think of those of the Catholic faith.  Of Jay and his family...I remember my friend Mary explaining Ash Wednesday to me and giving me a writing on it last year...and I remember all of those with ashes on their heads when I arrived in Limon to find out more of the loss of  my favorite son-in-law Jay Sheridan.   I search to look at Ash Wednesday...and I come across the following that was located on http://www.catholic.org/clife/lent/ashwed.php

Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the Season of Lent. It is a season of penance, reflection, and fasting which prepares us for Christ's Resurrection on Easter Sunday, through which we attain redemption.

Why we receive the ashes

Following the example of the Nine vites, who did penance in sackcloth and ashes, our foreheads are marked with ashes to humble our hearts and reminds us that life passes away on Earth. We remember this when we are told
"Remember, Man is dust, and unto dust you shall return."
Ashes are a symbol of penance made sacramental by the blessing of the Church, and they help us develop a spirit of humility and sacrifice.
And the word SACRIFICE seems to blare out to me!   And I confess I have had tears today.  I think we are all apprehensive a little I suppose of the upcoming one year anniversary.   How there seems to be many anniversaries but today I was thinking about all of this and had came across a picture that I love of Isabel...one that just captures me and reminds me to look up...even though it is a camera phone and not the clearest quality...it is one I love...of one I love...as though she has a secret...


And so some might say coincidental...I heard it referred to as a God incidence...because while I was looking at the picture...the Keith Urban song Making Memories of us came on my Pandora.   This song always reminded me of Heather and Jay and I made a PowerPoint for their wedding to this song...I pulled it out tonight and watched it and though tears it also had many pictures that made me smile.   I realize I need to get it put together for Heather and Maryann who both wanted copies...I suppose I might someday try to put one on here...but tonight I just include the song and one of my favorite pictures as it can't help but make you smile...and I remember something I heard about writing that it shouldn't just cause sadness but inspire.    And so I hope that you might be inspired to look up...to show someone you love that you love them...that you just enjoy some of the moments we are given as they are gifts!    Open them as a child who cherishes every moment...Because with the season of Lent we are also promised Easter...that someday we will be with those we love who have went to be with our Lord Jesus.


And so I include Making Memories of Us by Keith Urban..."I want to stand out in a crowd for you...as a man among men"...That you did Jay Bird...that you did...


God Bless and take care!
lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment