Thursday, December 9, 2010

Not the one...

In case you wondered how the ewe was...she did not make it.  I had wanted a different ending to this story--but it was not meant to be.   So this morning at my kitchen table thinking about this I wrote...
 I am still thinking of the ewe we lost...Dying--that brings back the urgency of sharing our faith because in the end we all end up dying!   And that is what makes me want to have those I love know Jesus.  So some may say that if there is no Heaven then wouldn't you have wasted that time believing.  But I say...and if there is a Heaven--and I don't feel my time has been wasted.  To have a peace that there is Something bigger than me watching over me.   Bringing me joy, having me want to focus on love and not hate--I say life is good...But God is better.   I am thankful for my faith even if  I am not all that I should or could be...
And I look at one of my favorite passages...Psalm 23 (KJV).
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.  He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His names sake.  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.   Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
 I sometimes wonder why I feel a nudge to share certain things...and I wonder if that is really something I need to share...but nonetheless I feel the need to share.    It as though it has been put on my heart for a reason...reasons I do not know or understand and perhaps never will...but I feel the push all the same!

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment