Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010 from the Funny Farm

And so another Christmas has passed from my kitchen table...and I reflect back of some of the "gifts" that I received and besides the true meaning of CHRISTmas the most special gift...my favorite gift was being surrounded by those I love (even though I missed some that could not make it)...Thank you everyone for making it such a special day.  
Whether it was my "Firecracker" trying out squeeze cheese while she waited for Santa at 2:00 a.m. in the morning...my kids on the stairs in their Christmas jammies...Izzy giving P-Pa every piece of wrapping paper as she was running around in her jammie top (pants are overrated)...my inlaws sitting around my kitchen table...my nieces boys--Peyton and Mason--with their "sister"...or the Nertz championships of America!!!   All were special moments that make the day special.  We also had a Christmas lamb born...was a special gift for those who had never seen a new lamb born.

But then all of the other gifts I got were definitely a reflection of my "bike riding" personality (I have spoke of this in another blog but it refers to my short attention span).   HOWEVER, I was so surprised as I received an actual bike--a blue Schwinn Legacy Cruiser for Christmas (my very first bicycle was a blue Schwinn maybe I have told my daughter a few too many times how I loved that bike; Thank you Heather, Jay and Izzy I love this one too)...but that's not all....IT CAME WITH THE BELL.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM1hQHAzG20&feature=related




So while the bike was such a special gift.   I got so many more...And like I said I have a wide array of things that I use on my bike rides...of course there is the bicycle bell.   Then I got Photoshop (thanks Lance).   I am so excited to learn to use this and get to play with it.  Santa also gave me a snuggly baby blue robe that will be wonderful for cold winter nights.   For my kitchen table time--A journal with a bike on it, pens, and a couple of inspirational books.   I got music and another special gift was a tea pot from a special friend.  It sets on my kitchen table right now and says: "This is the day which the Lord hath made we shall rejoice and be glad in it."    So funny because I wanted to get this but I told myself "NO" since it was Christmas...and then I got it anyway!   Yes I am soooo spoiled!   And if you look at this picture you might notice that I received bullets.   Well this was for the family trade gift and this was the one I drew.   So while I am not a big shooter--I now have a barter tool for those boys I know who like to...

So you might think we have a little "redneck"...our niece's husband (one of my flower girls) brought a duck for dinner and so he was putting a champagne glaze on it.   Well here on the funny farm we had to use channel locks to get the bottle opened but you know we "gotter done"...and so with that said I will close with a picture that I LOVE from my son--it pretty well sums us up here.  


We are so blessed!   
So I bid you good night as the shepherd has already headed for bed.   Turns out Crazy the ewe had her baby already and Tim got the lamb cam adjusted...so sweet dreams from the funny farm!! 

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures, I love the one of the little ones on the stairs. How cute. The above shot of the gaming table is very cool.
    Happy New Year to all.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete