Friday, December 31, 2010

Bucket list...

Should old acquaintance be forgot or is it should "auld" or is it Auld ANXine???   Actually it is Auld Lang Syne but I really had to "Google" it for some insight and clarity...it is one of those songs that I know but I don't.  The English translation says:
"Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and old lang syne ?"

This blog could very well be one of those patchwork pieces...I had started bucket list around my birthday but put it on the shelf.  I have all kinds of thoughts stirring around.  But yesterday I was on Firecracker duty and ended up spending the night.   I must admit I am not sure I'll make midnight but it is already after 11:00 so I just give thanks that We got LOTS of bonding time...so I pull up this blog and all it says is:

"The week seems to have flown by...and I sit here reflecting on the week...I can't believe how fast it has gone.   I have missed some time at my kitchen table and am ready to get back to it.    Thanksgiving was also my birthday.  While dinner was at our house...I really do not have to provide the whole meal.   Everyone brings dishes and so it always works out well."
And that's all the further I got.   I think someone I know...turning 50 and some one I know even better rapidly approaching I think we start to reflect on things we "coulda, woulda, shoulda"!   

So I think of my Bucket List...you know that list you make of things you want to do before you kick the bucket.   And while I may start working on some sort of lists of goals...there are parts of me that think about learning to play guitar and piano, things like learning to golf, but you know these things while I may work on are really not the "ITS".   I think one of my biggest is to LOVE more!  And one of my favorite places is my kids and of course little Isabel and most definitely in my Faith...

I guess that my list may just be waiting on what the Good Lord sees fit to put on it...so things I work on will kind of be dependent on what my Grandma Bessie used to say, "If the Good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise."    This "list" may take me several years to put together and you know I think it could be just an ongoing process at my kitchen table.   And I hope that each of you reflect on your "lists"...

So here is to a Happy New Year my friends and Family and may God be with you and bless you.    And again Auld Lang Syne comes back to mind...and so I think of the Google descript and I think about what the description says, "Auld Lang Syne literally translates to "Old Long Since," and more roughly it means "long, long ago" or "days gone by."   I think of the "Old Long Since" of 2010 and many New Year's before...and I would like to thank each and everyone of you for being my "old acquaintances" and I stop and give thanks for each and everyone of you.

Here is to a blessed 2011 and all that you mean!   God bless!

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment