Sunday, December 30, 2012

Izzy's Baby Doats

It is that time of year...yesterday...kidding season began. (I think it has to do with the moon change...a full one at that as well as the cold weather.)   The first baby goat or "doat" as Izzy calls them.    Izzy, her mama, and Uncle LaLa were all still here as well as the "Lance's" (My brother Shane and family--including one Anderson...we were missing the other).   Anyway my brother and family had headed off to Punkin Center to spend Christmas with Jo's family...Punkin Center is just up the way up Highway 71 as you are heading to Limon...But just a...well can't say town...a spot in the road...but wonder how Punkin Center got its name?

But back to my story...it had been a fun morning hanging out.  Even though Lance was sick...and Izzy wasn't feeling too good but not bad enough for her to not be doing.   As we were playing...she wanted to help me cook.   And asks, "Ahma do you have one of those things that hang down that I can cook in."   I ask if she means an apron and she says yes.   So I try to see if she wants a black or white apron(compliments of Aunt Aum and Uncle Andy's wedding).  She says I would like blue but will take white if that is all you have.   She helps me cook!   First of all helping grate cheese for the taco salad...she loves to help!  And is getting so big...gets her own chair so she can climb up and help...

 
 
She was also very helpful in presentation of the olives...
 
 
  

I had said she wasn't feeling very good...earlier she had snuggled up with her mom...I loved how the light was shining on this picture...and also caught Izzy's Christmas volleyball.   She loves to "pass" the volleyball.   Might have some of her mom's talents...

 
 
We began talking on our pretend phones and so she was playing on the stairs...she does like to spend time sitting down on the stairs...but she had came to visit and then tells me she thinks she will just sit out there...our pretend outside...I tell her it might be cold...so this is how I find her when I come back to answer my "door"...



She says in her most pitiful voice...sounding a little like her Uncle..."I sick".  However, that soon changed when word hit that she was having baby goats.  Yes they are Izzy's goats.   They may stay at Oppy's...but her daddy was the one who wanted goats!   And so he got him and his "Peanut" goats.   How I wish he were here to "enjoy" them...if one can really "enjoy" goats.  Although they are pretty cute as little ones.

So we catch sight on the lam cam...well I guess for now it is the kid cam...and there is Uncle LaLa with a baby...so of course we have to go!   She has been wearing her sweats all day and so when it comes time to put on shoes...she asks her mom can I wear my boots?  Turns out her mom has a rule of no sweats and cowboy boots...However, I think this is more in thought of going out for lunch and not out to the barn...



So off we all head for the barn.   Izzy saying she needs to hold Oppy's hand.  She knows who the shepherd is.  

































However, when we get to the barn...she gets a closer look with Uncle LaLa...she is very good around animals usually...very calm...and so very inquisitive...





She then asks her Uncle Lance why it still got blood on it.   This is when the uncle who has an animal science degree comes in handy and begins to explain...no he didn't go very in depth but gives her an explanation and then says they came out just like her...to which she seems content with the answer...we take for granted the things that "farm" kids learn in just everyday living...


 


Because we needed to let this mama try to have some more...Izzy and I head for the mailbox before retuning to the house...getting so much taller...but we did after skipping...make a stop so Ahma could get a picture in the rocking chair...even if we have our boots on with our sweats...this Ahma loves one little Firecracker and just the joy she brings to our life!




And so once we come in the house...we continue watching on the lam cam to see if this one was having another baby.   So Izzy is in my bedroom and someone asks her if she is having another baby goat to which she replies no she doesn't have another one she's still eating the other one...and so the season begins...

Well IzzyBell...Oppy stayed busy during the Bronco game today...two more mama's had babies...and here is your first baby...one day old--glad her mama didn't eat it!  As well as the others...2013 here we come...


Miracles around us everyday...let us be thankful...God bless you and keep you!

lyp


1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures and the story! And, yes, you can enjoy goats! HA! When they get a little bigger and it's a nice warm day out, they are very entertaining running and playing in the sun like a bunch of little "kids"! So nice of Izzy's Oppy to kid them out for her....

    ReplyDelete