Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Mama's Love

Yes a blogging day...I had thought of combining this with the other as they are similar yet different...but the Mama one had to be used today...December 18th...for the those that don't know...I lost my Mom December 18, 2001.   So this time of year...I think of her in a different way...of losing her...I write in my journal this morning at my kitchen table...The 18th the day my mom died...Do I miss her?  I do...I have gotten used to her not being here but when I think of her I miss her.  I feel her in this kitchen chair...your mom the one who listens to you and cares what you have to say.  Will tell you what she thinks even though you are not sure you want to hear it...

Today a funeral for another Mom...Jeannie my heart goes out to you and your family as we say goodbye to Mildred Anderson...

I think of mother's and daughter's...what a relationship...I am so blessed with the one I have...and only wish I would have been a daughter to my mom like my daughter is to me...but you know...I am at peace in how my mom and I ended up...I always knew she loved me and hope she always knew I loved her.  I was blessed to have her as my mom...

Out of love for her mom...my mom always thought it was important to decorate her mom's grave and so I have tried to keep up that and so I had got things to take the cemetery and I knew I was going to Sunday...but I seemed to tarry until it was getting later...and as I drove west I seen the sun starting to set and I thought perhaps that was why.

I got to the cemetery and went to my Mom and Dad's grave first...taking a wreath and some poinsettias with one of the Love's that I had also put on Jay's.   Jimmie and Peggy...but I think Jim and Peg...Mom and Dad...Granny and Hoopee.  LANCE  Jimmie E. 1937 - 1989 and Peggy J. 1937 - 2001.  How many years have passed.  


I hop in the truck and head to Grandma Bessie's grave...Bessie A. Scales...to become Bessie A. Adams.   So many memories...Perhaps that is partially why I come...a certain time that I take and think just of them...I put on the little tree that has a Grandma Bessie ornament on top.  It is blingy and gold...just had her name all over it...


And as I finish...I look to the west and realize why I came at this time of day...somehow such a peaceful feeling here in the cemetery...and I feel a need to go and visit Linda Lyon's grave. 

 
 
Linda...a woman we lost this year in a battle to cancer...a fellow mom...her daughter Amber was one of my girls.  She was a grade behind Heather in school...but they played sports and band together..and just attended a small school together...and I have felt a connection with Amber and her sister Amanda.   Both very special girls...but as I head towards to the grave I see there are people over where I am sure where Linda's grave is...and am thinking maybe I can't go over there as I trampsing around in my stocking cap to cover my crazy hair...when I see a man, woman, and two little ones...and I know right away...that is Amber and her husband and two precious little boys...now I know why I came at the time  I came...getting a hug from another woman saying I miss you Mom...and so I get a hug and as I start to leave...I stop and take a picture of the moon that quickly hides behind the clouds and so I turn and there is Amber by herself sitting by the beautiful tree she brought her mama.
 
And I take a picture...as it touched me so...and then I seemed to  have a poem come to me...that inspired by Amber...Though I change the picture and so it is hard to make out the daughter at the grave...but it is to sybolize all mothers and daughters...
 
 
 

For Mothers and Daughters...Love you Mom...Love you Amber and Amanda...Love to you Jeannie...Love to my Heather and Izzy...Thank you Lord for all these blessing that I have and that with our faith...we will see each other again someday!!

My first verse for the day to read at my kitchen table..."For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son...that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16...if that doesn't give you comfort...

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment