Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Oh Sugar...

Not sure if I have mentioned anything about the newest addition to the funny farm...SUGAR!   Well that seems like a fitting name for a sheep dog since our other is Sweetie...Of course, on Sweetie...don't let that name fool you.   She is more than happy to chase a coyotee...someone passing through that isn't one of her people...yes she's a good one.   Especially since we got Sweetie "free" from Craig's list.   You know that they say there are no free dogs.   Except I think she has earned her keep.  So the shepherd comes across an ad for a new pup...yes another Akbash missing the Anatolian that Sweetie has...and Lance picks her up while we were over the mountain.

This last weekend we had one little Firecracker come to visit and one of her first items of business after waking up from traveling with Oppy was going to see Sugar.  This would be Izzy getting to go with Oppy in the Power Ranger...she thinks she is big stuff...and of course Otis had to go along...





I include a pic of Sugar and Izzy meeting.   I know she is not supposed to be around people but she seems to like them...well she did until maybe today. 


Actually Sugar has been in the Sweetie boot camp I think.  When we first got her she had figured out how to get out of where we had her penned.   Well on my first trip to go out and see her I stand at the pen and wonder where she is...about that time...I feel something licking my hand...well hello Sugar.   So I put her in her pen and say you need to stay in there...you are not supposed to be liking me.   Well she sticks her head through the panel when about that time Sweetie smacks her upside the head as if to say, "We do not do such things!"

Well Izzy was excited to meet her...she is excited to see any dog I think.  She introduced Otis, her dog, to Sugar...



So then back to my story...stayed home today and so the shepherd was going to be unloading some hay and so he decides he will put Sugar's chain collar on her and tie her up so she will not escape.  So he puts the chain on her which I don't think she was real thrilled and then had done some other and decides to tie her...well when he does she goes crazy....well at this Bo and Sweetie are both on her...Wonder if they were trying to make her stop?   Dogs...

Anyway Sugar escaped some way and headed for under the porch to hide out...I am sure and I left home WHY!!!   Well a little time passes by and I see she has came out.  I go and catch her...she is actually pretty sweet and so I take her to put her in the pen.   She is not sure that she really is for this whole thing...but she seemed happy to be home...Sweetie even seemed okay to have her back.   A sniff and then off to jump up on her hay bale and make sure all is well as we await a new day on the old funny farm...



lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment