Monday, December 24, 2012

Prism...

Merry Christmas...from my kitchen table...today seems to be the day to say...I am thinking I have much to do...but yet the kitchen table time seemed to be priority.   And I realize "MARTHA, MARTHA, MARTHA"...I tell myself that it is important to give thanks to stop and listen...this is why we as CHRISTians celebrate CHRISTmas...

This morning LIGHT seemed to be such a theme...and the word prism...I do not use the word prism in day to day conversation...I feel it has to do with light but to be able to define it to you not sure how...I see light and color and I think of in my reading this morning and then my writing...Jesus was in the world but not OF the world.  That is what He asks of me...Yet I get overtaken by the "world"...No prism of light...what does that mean?  Not positive on prism description.   I see it as what is given off of light...will have to look up...

YES Penny you should look up as I look back on it!   I had Luke 2:11 on my Kasey Jo calendar...I know I know it is Charles Stanley on the front...but it was Kasey Jo's love that got it to my kitchen table...and I look back at my journal..."And again in looking at Luke 2:11 I look above [I SEEM TO BE ON THAT TRACK TODAY OF REMINDING MYSELF...LOOK ABOVE...ANYWAY I WRITE] "To give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death.  To guide our feet into the way of peace."

I have been called to this verse on more than one occasion...and I realize how God has been that Light to me and those I know in the darkness and shadow of death...and how we should be that light a reflection...maybe even a PRISM...a prism coming from a three sided Dimension...3 sides...Trinity...Father...Son...and Holy Spirit...

I read of light and as I was writing...the sun came through my kitchen window and out of the corner of my eye the light was reflecting on my hair that hung in my face...and I write...And out of my peripheral vision the sun shines on my somewhat golden hair what I see out of the corner of my eye is golden and glistens in the sun.  I think of prism here?  The Lord shineth His Light in the darkness...perhaps not always darkness as in no sun...He Lives!  A King is born.

I look back at this and my writing is somewhat hard to read...and in sun...can one tell is that a "u" or an "O" as in SON...as in that darkness...and I read on in my writing...after reading Luke 2:1-20:

Christ Born of Mary

2 And it came to pass in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. 2 This census first took place while Quirinius was governing Syria. 3 So all went to be registered, everyone to his own city.
4 Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, 5 to be registered with Mary, his betrothed wife, who was with child. 6 So it was, that while they were there, the days were completed for her to be delivered. 7 And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

Glory in the Highest

8 Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. 9 And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. 10 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. 11 For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.”
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:
14 “Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!”
15 So it was, when the angels had gone away from them into heaven, that the shepherds said to one another, “Let us now go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has come to pass, which the Lord has made known to us.” 16 And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger. 17 Now when they had seen Him, they made widely known the saying which was told them concerning this Child. 18 And all those who heard it marveled at those things which were told them by the shepherds. 19 But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart. 20 Then the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told them.

And I look at 2:19 "But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart."  Can you imagine her ponderings.  I think of Joseph...who doesn't really get the props he should.  Hard one to BELIEVE [Another word...another story] of yes I will marry you though not my child.   I think of the shepherds--no breaking news and television or internet.  An angel...what would I do upon seeing an angel while watching my sheep...I can only imagine...

And I just continue on from my morning writing...perhaps a glimpse of how random yet maybe a prism....of thoughts....all colors coming...each separate...but seeming of one thought...I seem to get distracted and so I write of heading off in the other room because I thought I heard my phone...

Oh satan you try to deter me...I read Jesus Calling and chills come over me...I am called in the other room to see the Nativity and tree in reflection actually seen the tree first but then if closer...it is Jesus...and the mirror says...

"God will be with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9  
"Love welcomes us home and keeps us close.  That reminds me of Josh." 




Yes that is how I write at times...no the mirror did not speak out loud...it has writing on it...the picture that depending on the view we take we get taken in by the tree and the gifts and forget the true meaning...the things eternal...Peace, Love and Joy...these are the things...

While other thoughts are more clear...I write of Josh...my nephew, (Bethany, my brother Shane's daughter's, new husband...new as in just married near Thanksgiving and left the following day) Josh, who is in Afghanistan...away from us all this Christmas and I think of him daily and pray for him as he is away from us and that the Lord would keep him and watch over him...to give him Light in the darkness around him...we miss you Josh--know our love is with you as God's is too.

...and I get distracted...and think of the Hallelujah song...and the words come to me..."Well I heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord...But you don't really care for music do you." And I think of those that don't have music...what a gift it is...but what got me and you wonder how this goes from that to this...Oh I know many of you have gave up wondering at all...I always say 3 steps you can get anywhere...This one was easier...I had thought of the Nativity...Hallelujah...thought of the song and the tribute to those precious little babies and others we lost and I share the singing of it on the show the Voice...and pause and pray for those families that their Christmas is not of Joy...


And as I looked for this on YouTube...there was an ad I guess it was for a song "Lover of the Light" by Mumford and Sons...and I began to watch and listen to this video...was it coincidence? This song makes me stop and I look at some of the pictures in this...how do I look upon it?


I am reminded of my reading in God Calling..."The World's Song"  "Bless us, O Lord, we beseech Thee and show us the way in which Thou wouldst have us walk.   Walk with Me in the way of Peace.  Shed Peace, not discord, wherever you go.  But it must be My Peace.  Never a Peace that is a truce with the power of evil.  Never harmony if that means your life-music being adapted to the mood and music of the world."

MY LIFE MUSIC...LIGHT...and I look at this video and see the light that shines...I see the deeper meaning...I see the prism and realize that it is often that which draws me to a sunrise...a sunset...that I would be that reflection to others...a reflection of God's Love...and turns out that this has taken a different turn than my original--Merry Christmas.  But it is of sorts...of preparation...that llittle remember to be Mary's and not Martha's!   Let our life-music sing Hallelujah to the Lord...and leave out the verses that are not of our Faith...Be in but not OF...

There is a song by Casting Crowns that seems to come to me as I think of Christmas and what our country and our world is going through...let us see the Light and not be sleeping (While you were sleeping).


And so I leave you with a...


And now today is yesterday...God Bless you and Keep you...May you appreciate all your blessings this Christmas!!!   Perhaps I should go to bed...Sweet dreams...

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment