Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Have you seen Jesus?

I sit here in the dark...with the light of the Christmas tree, the fire going, and the Nativity that I finally got put up.


I have two of them in my living room this year.   My old faithful and then one I got for Miss Isabel.  It is a Fisher Price Nativity and I also got her a Fisher Price Advent Calendar.   Have you seen them?   Well I gave them both to her while she was here awhile back and she was so excited about the Advent Calendar and said she needed to take it home.    I should have taken a picture of it before did.   She understands that she only gets to put up one of the pieces at a time.   When I say pieces there are 25 pockets and in them are little puffed Nativity pieces that are sort of a pillow to which each day you move a new piece up.   She understands that the Baby Jesus goes up on the last day.  But in talking to her mom the other day, she said that it appeared that maybe Izzy was putting up the pieces as she thought should go up on the Velcro.   However, before they came to my house she had moved 3 sheep Heather thought up in the 1, 2, 3 slots...Heather said like she had put them on deck!   Of course the part that cracked me up was her mom said I think we are going to have to have an audit.   Oh to have an accountant for a mother...

So I go back to the Nativity for Izzy.   I have it set out on the coffee table.  With the intention that it is hers to touch and look at and hold.   So the other morning when here, she comes out in the kitchen gently carrying the Baby Jesus.   I am working on breakfast and so I open the pantry and then walk back over to the stove leaving it open for my immediate return.   Well I noticed that one little Firecracker had this grin on her face that she was up to something and she just kept smiling at me and watching me.   I get to the pantry and there is Baby Jesus on the pork-n-beans.   It just made me smile...thinking yes Jesus is everywhere.   I went back to cooking and next thing I know...there is Mary, Joseph and the Baby Jesus by Oppy's chili.   We don't need no stinking elf...we have Jesus!


The chili was delicious...but it did give me some thought about where do we find Jesus?   Do we just put Him up on a mantle...in a church for once a week or whenever we go?    No Jesus is there with the pork-n-beans...the chili...it's just whether we choose to look for Him.   Thankful for one little three year old that reminded me of this...

I took some pics of the lights...some I took in the special effects mode...kind of cool.   Also, I have my new quilt from my cousin Terry on the back of the couch...as cold as it has been the fire and a blanket are welcome...






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And so I think it is time for bed...Sweet dreams...
 
lyp

1 comment:

  1. These girl's Grandma's...Tressie too has both the Little People nativity and advent calendar {at her Grandma's}!

    ReplyDelete