Sunday, December 16, 2012

These are the moments...

For those who know me...and even some who don't...I love taking pictures.   To me it is capturing that special moment that is a reminder of a special time...perhaps it is because my memory isn't the best...but I feel God has given me this "gift" though some might beg to differ...but I LOVE taking pictures and am ever so thankful that I am allowed to.  

As I sit here with the Broncos playing yes Peyton and Company are doing pretty good without my full attention...I am perusing (hmmm wonder why I chose that word...perusing...because I look up the definition and it says to read thoroughly...however, it goes on to say:
"Peruse has long meant "to read thoroughly" and is often used loosely when one could use the word read instead, as in The librarians checked to see which titles had been perused in the last month and which been left untouched. Seventy percent of the Usage Panel rejected this example in our 1999 survey. Sometimes people use it to mean "to glance over, skim," as in I only had a moment to peruse the manual quickly, but this usage is widely considered an error. In a 1988 survey, 66 percent of the Panel found it unacceptable, and in 1999, 58 percent still rejected it."
 
Definition REJECTED.  And so I read on...and find the Urban Dictionary define...it seems to say PAY ATTENTION...in this definition...

"One of the most overused words in modern English. Typically used by snobs trying to sound more intelligent than they really are. It simply means to review, usually with great care.
Peruse just means to review, you snob."
 
Used by snobs...hmmm really have never thought of myself as a snob...but perhaps.   In my readings this morning from My Kitchen Table there was much brought up about humble...I think again of Jesus Calling and one of the verses for the reading Isaiah 50:4...funny how it seems to go with this...funny how I don't know in which the direction these might take...but perhaps if I listen...
 
“The Lord God has given Me
The tongue of the learned,
That I should know how to speak
A word in season to him who is weary.
He awakens Me morning by morning,
He awakens My ear
To hear as the learned.
Isaiah 50:4

 
And I think of the events of last week...of innocent little lives taken...and how I wish that I would have words to give those who are weary...but going through tragedy...there are no words...sometimes not having the words says more.   That is when we come to God and ask Him to comfort these families...families that their lives were forever changed in one moment.  One photograph left to capture memories of happier days...
 
My friend Dallas lost her son and she shared the following words and spoke to many...

"As a parent of a child that was murdered in cold blood, I wish I could somehow convey my condolences (sp) to the parents of the children lost. Although I know there is really nothing I could say to make them feel any better or somehow not make them feel as much pain as they do, somewhere in the loss it for some reason helps to talk to people that have gone thru it, maybe gives them some little light at the end of the tunnel to maybe think they might live thru it... I'm pretty sure that there about 20 sets of parents out there tonight that hope they don't wake up in the morning. I pray that somehow they find their way and figure out how to go on. I knew my son was in a better place, but I still felt guilt and the horrible feeling that I wasn't there for him and he died alone, its been almost 7 years and although the pain has become bearable, I think a parent has a terrible time coming to terms with not being there when you feel your child needed you the most. Even though it was totally out of your control. I pray tonight for those families. I know the LORD took those babies home and he will take care of them for eternity, Now I pray for the LORD to stay and guide these parents thru the darkest time in their lives, and keep them safe and ease their pain. PRAISE GOD in his fullest."
 
I join you in prayer Dallas.   And am saddened by the hurt and pain and pray for their strength to just keep breathing!   I am reminded of the first scripture I read this morning on a calendar that just gives a new verse each day.   Words that if we all actually lived by this one commandment...So I look through pictures to add John 13:34 to...and this one just seems to jump out at me...I thank you for the love I have and have been given...I came across my birthday card from one little Izzy Bell...it reads..."Grandma, here's a list of reasons why I'm glad you're mine...1.  I love you.  2.  You love me back."   Such a simple concept!  



So I leave with one simple picture...but also one simple commandment...love one another...and in that love...may we hold up those who are hurting...for their comfort...for their rest...

lyp

 
 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment