Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Princess Club

This morning I opened up my computer while at my kitchen table and was greeted by this picture!


If that doesn't make you smile...I am not sure what will.   For those of you that don't know of course the princess on the left is Firecracker...but the other is Madison Lengel...these two are part of an elite group...I lovingly call the "Limon Police Princesses"!   Their daddy's are a part of the Limon Police Department!    There of course are a few others in this group...not forgetting the Chief Princess Yowell!!

I thought of the connection with Maddy (or perhaps she spells Maddie)...but I think of the connection of these two...I remember Izzy's baby shower and it seems that it was Maddy that wrote Izzy a letter of not repeating what you hear when you get to go to "coffee"...and I have a feeling that Izzy will still get to go to "coffee"!   Maddy also offered future babysitting.  While the cops themselves are a "family" the wives and children are "family" as well.    Even before I really knew Maddy...I have memories of Heather laughing about some fundraiser or another that Miss Madison had caught Jay...And how these "dads" are always looking out for the princesses...In fact Maddy's dad actually pulled over a vehicle that ended up stopping in from the Firecracker's house...she loves to watch those "red and blues"...while he was just doing his job...I am sure Firecracker thought it was her own personal light show...

On Halloween Izzy chose going to "Russel's" house first...but he does have a Maddy!!   I loved how both their faces lit up when the door opened up...



As I drove to work this morning...I couldn't help but think of the picture of the girls and how it made me think of Jay.   And the bond he had built with Maddy is now being passed on to his little girl...and so I showed the picture to my friend Mary...to which it triggered for her in looking at this pic...a reading she had that very morning...that she had wanted to share.

Mary shared from Wisdom...I am not familiar with this but it was from her Catholic Bible...but it was so touching that I had to share...It is from Wisdom.   It is from chapter 4.  


"The upright, though he die before his time, will find rest.
Length of days is not what makes age honourable, nor number of years the true measure of life;
Understanding, this is grey hairs, untarnished life, this is ripe old age.
Having won God’s favour, he has been loved and, as he was living among sinners, has been taken away.
He has been carried off so that evil may not warp his understanding or deceitfulness seduce his soul;
For the fascination of evil throws good things into the shade, and the whirlwind of desire corrupts a simple  heart.
Having come to perfection so soon, he has lived long;
his soul being pleasing to the Lord,  he has hurried away from the wickedness around him.  Yet people look on, uncomprehending; and it does not enter their heads."
I am not sure of the complete reason of why this was added to the princesses... perhaps because both share in feeling the love of Jay and of all the other police daddy's.    Perhaps it will offer comfort to others besides myself...perhaps joy in looking at these smiles while being saddened at the same time. 

While we all miss Jay...it is though parts of him just keeps giving...And through the tears...I smile...at the picture that started my day and agree with Maddy..."This bundle of joy makes every day of mine just a little brighter" and this could be said by so many of us about this little Princess Isabel and yes Princess Madison as well!

Thank you Maddy!   (And p.s. I am sorry if I spelled your name wrong)

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment