Sunday, November 13, 2011

SHOOOt Birds

And another weekend has flown by...and so I sit here in my easy chair and while I wrote part of this I have more to add...because any time with the Firecracker...is memories in the making for an old Auma, Auma, Auma!!   Oh maybe I should spell it Ahma Ahma Ahma or Awma Awma Awma...or I guess to go with Oppee I could be Omma Omma Omma...I will ignore my daughter's spelling of Alma (Those familiar with Sister Act and the comment of Alma check your battery ;)    I will have to figure out a spelling because the other day I sent Izzy a card and I got the greatest phone call...THANK YOU AHMA!   THANK YOU AHMA!  Talk about touching your heart.   I seen the card later and she had wrote Ahma and Izzy on it!   And I think several other things...so I need to figure out for sure how to spell my name!!!

I did get the pics I wanted to include so I am in this mode that I am trying to finish up some of the writings I have sitting there on the shelf...so that I can do new ones...for probably my own entertainment value...but I love writing the stories and hopefully some day (like tomorrow) I can look back and remember!   Oh I'm not saying the memory is bad...but that old gray ma...tter ain't what it used to be.   However, I am taking some vitamins that says it will take care of that...so if I remember the vitamins--I should be GOOD TO GO!   Okay I will finish up...like I said I had started this other part a few weeks back...and so this will probably be one of my classic "bike rides!"

Writing more on this Saturday morning at my kitchen table...I am holding the fort down and thinking I will make lunch as well...okay I have the roast in the oven...but I did actually make breakfast.   I get ahead of myself...but Friday on my Firecracker Flex Friday...Heather, Izzy, and Lance all came down Friday morning!   We loaded up in the truck to haul some sheep but mostly us girls hopped in for some Mexican food...the kids always enjoy getting some of that when they come home...so Mission Deli it was...We also snuck up to Pueblo for a little quick shopping for Heather and took in the "romantic place" OLIVE GARDEN...

Izzy and Uncle Lance (notice the mustache...really it's there:)
Anyway this morning (it was this morning when I first wrote this a week ago) Heather needed to make a Wal-mart run and so Izzy was helping "Opppeee" the way she says Tim's name in this sweet voice and then yesterday when out by the rams we told her "Lancey Pants" and she just kept repeating it...so funny she was like a parrot repeating, "Lance Pants Lance Pants"...Maybe you had to be there but we laughed so hard that she would pick it up...made me think of her dad who would make some reference as to Lance and his pants...okay so it really doesn't take a lot to entertain me...so one little Firecracker definitely does. 

But I stick in a picture of her and her Uncle Lance in their vests!   My Mom was a fan of vests...it would seem rather chilly and she would say all I need is my vest...turns out Lance has the same temperature control and so it can be cool out and all he will need is a vest.   Jay was also a vest person...and now I think that Firecracker thinks a vest is plenty if not too much jacket!

However, on this particular day she had to go to chores with La-La and Op in  her jammies because they were leaving and she needed to go...but she had her boots on...because P-Pa thinks that she can walk better and not get stickers and the like with her boots on.   She even helped feed a little bottle baby...thanks P-pa for the pics!

So anyway she had to go to the cows with the boys...that girl loves her animals...and after all she has to check on her heifer who will be calving someday!

I get back to my table and yes what I originally started writing this blog about...my yard is full of black birds...they were here yesterday but when Izzy showed up in her cammo jammies and vest...this is definitely a "daddy outfit".   I always try to find cammo in keeping with the tradition of always finding it for Jay...I had got Izzy a cammo jacket I think it was when she was a lot younger...Jay told her we can put this on you and you and dad lay on the couch real still and mom won't even see us!   So that was always the joke about cammo...couldn't even see you...


Izzy in her "daddy outfit" cammo...with her baby bear--her Odie dog--and her beautiful eyes and smile...

Back to my story...I had said something about the birds being bad and wishing Jay was there to shoot the birds...I love most birds...but these dang black birds...just come in and take over...eat all of the dog food...crap all over everything...so when I took Izzy in my arms, I think all Jay's little Peanut heard was "shoot birds".   And she was in...She wanted us to start right then...not sure if she really knew what shoot birds meant...but for some reason she just kept repeating it.  Who says that genetics isn't involved here...as her dad would always thin out the pesky bird population when visiting...he loved shooting.  I prefer to shoot birds with a digital camera...(even though it really doesn't do much for clearing them off my porch) but I have family that are hunting some of  those Kansas birds as we speak...I add in one of my favorite pics of Jay and his gun...

In looking for that picture...I come across a classic Jay in his Christmas vest and hat I found him.   I think the part I love the most is Heather's expression...this was when she was pregnant with Firecracker...and then the other was another Christmas present...but that is why we call Izzy's her daddy outfit...I couldn't resist adding them in here...and I smile just thinking about it...I bum that it is blurry...and usually when we were opening gifts...Jay was coming off of no sleep...






So the pictures got me off track...but back to my story...I am no hunter but it was just so funny and so I told her we could chase them later because as I had talked of it there were no birds right then...but she did not forget...later she wanted to go shoot birds...this hits me so funny because that was always Jay's job when he came to my house...he loved to shoot...and so it seems as though his Peanut wants to carry on the Family Tradition... I told her she was too little to shoot to which she replied Ahma Shoot...yes that would be a site...so anyway on this day, the blackbirds are back...and I see Izzy pulling in...I think we may chase us some birds...
So when everyone got here...Heather didn't seem to excited about the roast and it would take longer (turns out they had that at the wedding so glad they didn't have it twice anyway)...so whipped up some chicken fajitas...and then sent Heather and Lance on their way...leaving P-pa (Oppeee) and Ahma with the Firecracker.   As I had promised bird chasing...that is what we did...not good weather conditions but when the kids left...Izzy and I headed out hollering at the birds and clapping...However, part way out across the yard she stops me in our tracks and says, "Ahma Bear!"   She of course had remembered that we could take the Christmas bear with us so that is what we did...we ran back to the house and got one of the Christmas bears...then we chased birds...

Like I said the wind was blowing pretty hard and so on the way back to the house after the yard was free of birds...someone thinks we should hop in the truck and drive.   Well no keys are required for Firecracker driving but we drove quite a while...I am not sure what my deal was....hormones...fighting off being sick...not sure what but was definitely emotional...okay I am always emotional but seemed extra.   As I watched Izzy driving I had tears...she looked at me and maybe not being something a two year old should have to know--but she does said, "Sad Ahma?  Tears."   And the face she made back at me...the cheesiest grin from ear to ear...how can you not smile!   I have watched her with her mom and a gift I know she got from her dad will do "Squishy cheeks" that she learned from her dad or just kiss her mama...she is very intuitive it seems to me.  Anyway by the time she was done...Ahma was indeed smiling and we headed in to rocky bye and she fell asleep her heart on mine and there was no way I could put her down...there is something amazing with feeling this unconditional love...a gift indeed.

Well evening came and we had the roast beef with mashed potatoes...Izzy and I "drove" our pretend car to the basement "store" and bought us some frozen Olathe sweet corn!   While there we seen the Uno Attack game I think it is called...this was our credit card machine and so of course...with this find...it had to go upstairs.   Once up there, Firecracker continued driving me...of course we were riding on the couch...stopped and did some shopping at the coffee table and scanned our purchases there on the coffee table as well.   We bought a football that she had qb'd (quarterbacked) for Ahma part of the weekend.  (She would get behind me and I would hike it to her but we would down--set--hike--hike...so funny watching her trying to get the football between her legs).  After buying her items, she would sack up everything...she loves to get the shopping bags out of the kitchen cow where they are stored (a gift from my mom)...anyway a big night for the three of us...and then finally time to rocky bye...we watched videos on the computer and before long were out...oh to have a sleeping baby in your arms...but this baby is growing and extending across my lap...

She slept quite a while and then 4:00 a.m. I guess the old time...she wakes up and says, "Ahma--Hold Mama!"   I love how when she wants to be held she will say whoever's name as though she will hold them.   It took some convincing that we shouldn't just load up "Now!"   But finally I appealed to her senses of the sheep are asleep and so we have to wait for them to wake up so P-pa can feed them!   She saw the pumpkin with candy on the counter and said, "puntin Ahma" and so in looking in it she found her favorite candy...M & M's.   And I convinced her Ahma's chair...to which she was asleep (I thought) holding tightly to the unopened M & M's when I started to move there in her sleep comes an, "Ahma chair!"   Finally back to sleep and back to bed...

The next morning came and she was pretty good and ready to go see Mama...but was having fun...Oppee made her some cereal...they went after the flies with the fly swatters (Izzy has her own that is not really used) and the next thing I know they are both riding them like horses...oh I love watching them...nothing melts your heart more than a man who is not afraid to be silly with his grandchildren!   They played more...eating M & M's (Ole P-Pa seems to be her partner in junk!)

They played on the floor in my room while I was getting ready...then next thing I knew I was involved in their playing and seemed to be base.   I then would pick her up and rescue her from that crazy P-Pa...and while she was playing, "ashes ashes we all fall down"--in all my wisdom decided to show her how to play motor boat motor boat...well after the second step on the gas...we were both dizzy...but she kept saying again!   And then it was time to take her home...we had lunch in the big city of Limon and then watched Izzy on the trampoline and played with Heather, Lance and Tyler and Izzy and her balls in the front yard...then caught a little of the Bronco/Raider game!    YAY Broncos...

So now I sit here reflecting on this time as P-Pa and I are watching a Hallmark movie...we like to pick who will end up with who...I think the whole happily ever after is the appeal...and so while I still have another blog...I decide to add these before I forget...like I told someone the other day...of all the things I have lost...I miss my mind the most!  I know this one spins in circles...but thanks for bearing with me...

lyp


No comments:

Post a Comment