Friday, November 18, 2011

When I grow up...

FLEX FRIDAY!    I so love these every other Friday's off (well worth the extra time put in).   I am not sure if it will be a Firecracker Flex Friday or not but I did get to see the famous Firecracker already this week.   Which is why I have decided perhaps I want to be a Firecracker when I grow up...

She came strolling in the office with her mama (I had got an appointment for mom with the chiropractor with free babysitting included).    Anyway in comes one little Firecracker in some cute little jammies.  Yes jammies to work...when she got there we talked of she had ate a little breakfast.   I offered up apples or cheese sticks (my choice of snacks that day).   Well she told me, "apples Ahma--no cheese!"   So off to the kitchen we headed to get the apple.   I put her up on the counter and as we peeled the apple her mom came in.   Heather tells her that she will be going can she have a kiss.   To which one little Firecracker grabs her mom's face kisses her and says, "Hi".    Then she tells her mom, "have fun!"    To which her mom starts laughing and says you too!

Well after we got our apple put in the cup we headed back to "Ahma's ossiss!"  She told me toys and there she had packed her Elmo bag that her and I had picked out many a shopping trips ago...full of toys.   I was at my desk...she around in front...to which I hear a little voice say, "Ahma...toys...come play."    An Ahma can't turn that down...so I went around to check out just what treasures she had.   I asked if she wanted to get dressed yet...no play!    So we went through her treasurers and came across a little zip up bag that the flapper part was broke off.   Being the talented Ahma that I am...oh sure there are those that can sew up things, create beautiful projects....but just how many have paperclips that by the way are on one of Ahma's cool toys on her desk....my little green man sitting on a toiled holding tape.   The cool thing is the paperclips stick to his butt.   One of my Mary gifts that you just have to smile when you look at it.   So in all my talents I put the paperclip on the bag.   One little Firecracker begins easily opening and closing it and looks at me and said, "You fis it Ahma!"   Just wait until she learns of my mad duct tape skills.

So she decides she needs to sit in my chair and eat her apples and drink her water she had got for herself out of the Deep Rock dispenser....to which I have a blurry picture but as with memories that fade...I will keep it as a reminder of that fun day...

A little blurry...but Izzy at work...the boss has arrived!

She soon was back to playing with toys and before I know it she is dancing around and singing, "1-2-3-4 monsters cross the floor."     This is one of our new songs that was on the Elmo video at Ahma's house but with the world of YouTube she can watch it on the computer along with many other songs...Let me warn you before you listen...it will catch you and next thing you know you will be dancing around singing 1-2-3-4 monsters cross the floor" but I love the chickens back from the shore...


So we watched the video and of course showed it to Mary.   She loves Mary...what's not to love!    Anyway I get a call from one of the attorney's.   I think I can take it with one little Firecracker on my lap.   So I give her the finger to my lips signal.   To which she looks at me and says, "Ahma blue eyes!"   She likes to point out the fact we both have blue eyes.   Then she starts, "1-2-3-4".    I have another call coming in and so put the one on hold...Firecracker then heads out with Mary and they watch a video...and then next thing I know there is her mom back already!  

We had got dressed sometime in there and so it was time to head to lunch.   Off to Fiesta so Izzy could have her some vermicelli....she loves that Mexican spaghetti.   While I am sorry that my daughter needed a chiropractor...I loved the visit!   We really did get a lot packed in our day...Izzy even got a dollar from me for her purse and then some change from Brian...Mary told her see it pays to go to work...lessons learned!  Before she left her and Mary played a bit...Mary would say oh no I'm not going to get you to which Izzy would take steps closer and look at Mary, "No git" and then Mary would say Oh Yes I am and she would go after her...and she would run and just in my arms.   I think Izzy could have played all day.  Mary and I were wearing out...

Then as soon as they came they were on their way...well I did go to walk out to the truck and Izzy told me get to work...she is boss material!   They headed north and rumor is stopped in for some "fun" with Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Pfeiff.   I heard there were M & M's involved...well...

Here's to Flex Friday and guess I should get after it...but just thought I would share...a special Firecracker day....

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment