Thursday, November 17, 2011

Feed my sheep...

I came across this song...I used to listen to Dallas Holm a lot...but haven't for a long time.   However, I thought I would stick it in...so glad Emily told me about sticking the YouTube's in my blog...but this version made me think of one my mom would have been slapping her leg...you can start it up before you being reading if you want...



So the shepherd has been gone...seems like a long time...but okay ONE NIGHT!   He should be coming around the mountain any time now.  I tell myself "suck it up" as I think of others that are separated from those they love...and so...I quit my dang whining and finish my story...

I have been the shepherd in charge!   The head chore boy!   The...oh okay I am getting sidetracked trying to come up with creative titles to humor myself as I have the house to myself...I caught myself tonight--yes running a little later and so darkness was gaining on me and Old Bo!   I told him hurry up...as he has to go and play with Sweetie while that group gets fed and then you have to wait on him to shut the gate (oh guess he doesn't shut the gate...perhaps I should work on that one)...Anyway I said it out loud...(of course I talk to Bo I think that sounds better than just talking to myself)  As I talked to the dredlock shepherd dog I laughed after I said it, "Hurry up we're burning daylight!"    Yes I was even quoting John Wayne...the shepherd better get back soon!

I would not really consider myself a fan of chores...not like the shepherd that's for sure.   It's not like it is too hard, or too cold, (for the mostpart) I think part of it is that it is so routine.   I know something I need to work on...to be more of a routine structured person!    So I was thinking yesterday morning about here I was out doing these chores...and thinking just why is it that I am doing chores...and out of nowhere the scripture came to me, "If you love me--feed my sheep."   Well I have to say I busted out laughing.  It was as though the Good Lord was sharing a laugh with me!   And I thought you know I do love those guys I am feeding the sheep for...and so there was my answer right there.

But I thought a little more and sure I was looking at the literal...but I thought about John 21.  How many times am I asked to "feed the sheep".    I think sometimes it is the little things...the daily chores in which we are asked to feed the sheep.   To be there for others...as the Good Shepherd would have us do.  

So I stop and give thanks for my shepherds...my country bumpkins.   It was pretty uneventful but I think I am done for this bout.  Although, I did have one stick its head in the fence...but never fear I dialed 1-800-callashepherd and got the inside scoop on what to do...and then used my own creative take on it.  But as I sign off, I note at least these sheep are all fed...but so it is with sheep...tomorrow they will need fed again!   Isn't that how it goes...



          FEED MY SHEEP         
 lyp

1 comment:

  1. Pretty funny cuz... Love the straight on stare the sheep is giving you...Probably wondering where the shepherd is.

    ReplyDelete