Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunshine...

It's a Jay Day...perhaps because I am home alone...just perhaps because I think sometimes that part of the reason of this blog is to help remember my "favorite son-in-law".   I seen different posts were he has been on the mind of others and missed and so I share a gift I was given today...but let me warn you...grab your kleenex as it is a gift but it touches the heart deeply...

Before I post it I post a video that I feel was only a gift that passed through my hands from God and Jay to Jay's precious mama as this was her and Jay's song.   They danced to it at  his wedding in fact as it was "their song."  (When I watched the video, I played it as background music to the video I found below).

I first came across this video on another "Jay Day"--from stopping at the post office and seeing the police officer in there and almost feeling Jay's presence (do you suppose "Heaven" for cops could be getting to watch other cops work)...to seeing the "red and blue's" as Heather will tell Izzy when they see a police car.   But while I "googled" one day looking for another song with a complete different subject I was given this song instead...

When you watch "You are my sunshine", while it has those smiles that are nothing but reminders of Jay and his "fun" (a word that has become a stable in Firecracker's vocabulary as of late) but anyway how Jay could bring smiles even in times of sadness..

However, there is something so different in this video--I am not sure how many of you remember we lost Jay on Ash Wednesday...there were ashes on the heads of many...I did not notice this on this song until pointed out by Maryann and I still am not sure if these words are part of the actual song...or just another one of those things we cannot explain...and so we count them as a gift from God...

You are my sunshine...



After you have watched You are My Sunshine, I would start the music again and minimize it and let it play in the background as you watch the next video as it does not have sound...it was sent to me by Jay a little over a year ago...and for some reason I remember I could not get it to play so I asked him to send to my e-mail...which he accommodated the old lady and today I know why...because today when trying to find some pictures Heather sent me for another blog that I am still working on (and who knows when I will finish) I came across this one "accidentally" you think?   So I share Izzy and her daddy feeding goats...

I do think that this blog may be partially a way to share memories with Izzy that I have not only of others but of her daddy...Jay Sheridan.   This video says so much as I feel Jay is this close watching his little "peanut"--his "sunshine" and this song will be passed on to his child as it was from his mom.    We love you and miss you Jay...



lyfmil :)

No comments:

Post a Comment