Friday, May 2, 2014

Half-Lived...


 And I keep getting the nudge to write...and so I do...

Wednesday was a flex day perhaps...actually today is...so it was more just a day to spend with my Firecracker as her mom had some work stuff to tend to.   And so being the grandmother I am...I took one for the team and went and watched a one precious little IzzyBell!   I know I don't do it often so such a gift to be able to is treasured.   She wasn't feeling very good and so her and I were going to hang out even though she was going to miss school.

I hate to see the little ones not feeling good...though I did not mind the extra snuggles that I don't always get...and so we decided that we would have shepherd's pie for lunch...it was always a comfort food for me...and Izzy said I like some potatoes.    And so I had been going back and forth from the kitchen and I had this urge to open the kitchen blinds and sitting right there on the fence was a dove.   I told Izzy come quick and I said look at the dove...being my granddaughter...she tore off running for the other room and said I need to get my camera...and so we both ran to retrieve our cameras...to come back and she tells me I don't think it is there anymore.   To which all of a sudden instead of one dove we see two.   And so there we were...clicking away out the kitchen window.   In viewing these my pics it doesn't look like I caught the sparrow...

So I tell Izzy...I think that sometimes God sends us special birds sometimes to let us know that those in heaven love us and are thinking of us.   I said maybe seeing that bird was like her daddy saying I love you Izzy.    I said maybe my daddy was too.   She looked at me and said and your mom too?   I said yes and my mom too.    Remembering the sparrow that was also with these...and I began to sing to her...

I sing because I'm happy...I sing because I'm free...His eye is on the sparrow and He watches over me...and He watches over me!   And I think of just sharing this song the other day...a song in my heart indeed!    But I go through my dove pictures and this one just captured me...I did a little tweaking and then yesterday...in Jesus Calling...was Luke 1:79.   This verse has came to me at different places in my life...and I think of experiencing the loss of those I love in my own life...and then at times feeling a need to reach out to others...in their loss...and prayers of peace...

 
And so today I think of the Memorial Service being held at the Colorado Fallen Officers Memorial in Golden, Colorado...I think of a little "Peanut" not feeling so well being loved and held by her mama...I think of those that attend today that have lost a dear one in their life this year...remembering that first year that we attended for Jay Sheridan...my favorite son-in-law I would refer to him as...of all the memorials and remembrances of a life that ended much too soon for my liking...more like he only got a half a life instead of a half-lived life...but guess it wasn't my call...
 
 I go back to Jesus Calling from yesterday and the words stand out to me..."Most people let their moments slip through their fingers, half-lived.   They avoid the present by worrying about the future or longing for a better time and place.   They forget that they are creatures who are subject to the limitations of time and space."
 
Half-lived...and then I look at the other verse...another favorite...words that Jay's mom and I share with each other from time to time...and it is Luke 12:25-26 but I read the following...
 
"Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them.  Of how much more value are you than the birds?   And which of you by worrying can add one more cubit to his stature?   If you are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest?"  Luke 12:24-26
 
But then it adds one of my favorite lines..."CONSIDER THE LILIES, how they grow:" there in Luke 12:27.
 
So join me in taking a moment to say a prayer for strength and comfort to those going through the day...and I stop and give thanks for being allowed the privilege to know Jay Sheridan...to have him be the daddy to one precious little Isabel...and the husband to my daughter.   So perhaps I am having my own memorial service here at my kitchen table...and I think we do not have to attend every event and with Jay Bird...there have been many...we honor him at various times...sometimes when you see a dove...or something else...that says...Hey I love you!   And I'm doing just fine...
 
 
And I include a couple pics from another day and I hope they have a day of good weather and sunshine...
 
 
Thinking of those that are on this wall...and those that are left behind...Comfort in knowing that one day...we will see you again...and I look at my calendar for today..."He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted." Isaiah 61:1.   We pray for healing LORD...we pray for healing...
 

And as I read on in my Kasey Jo calendar...part of Charles Stanley's writing says..."Jesus did not sit afar off, passing judgment on those in need or ignoring the needs of the people.   To the contrary!   He rolled up His sleeves and marched straight forward into the greatest needs known to man."
 
I think of those who follow example rolling up their sleeves...let us not live a life half-lived!   And so with that...guess I better get my sleeves rolled up and get to it...God Bless you and Keep you!
 
lyp
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment