Sunday, April 27, 2014

And I know He watches me...

And so this morning at my kitchen table...I am distracted by the sweet beautiful rain that falls around me...we were awakened by thunder and flashes of lightning...before 5 a.m.    The shepherd who LOVES weather hops up and goes out to look as he can go hours just watching lightning.   Well he says that he should get his rain gauge up that I signed him up for at the Ark River Symposium...For CoCoRaHS...The Community Collaborative Rain, Hail and Snow Network.  

And so he goes out before the sun and hangs a weather gauge...


And so he hangs it up and waits for the light to come...and so while the shepherd is in checking in on his computer...I at my kitchen table catch site of a sunrise in progress...and as most of you know...I collect them so I go out to catch a pic...and as I am standing there...and spot the moon in which I always recite Jeremiah 29:13 when I see it...I snap...and as I am clicking...the rain begins to come down...



And the shepherd decides to head out before it starts raining and get his feeding done...to which I come in the kitchen door...and he heads out the back door...to which he turns around and comes back as it has started...but he thinks it will not last...but the shepherd being the shepherd goes out and stands on the porch listening and watching the weather...to which a little hail tries to come...and there looking in my kitchen window making me think of a little boy peeking in at me...he informs me that it is HAILING!   But it lets up a little and so he heads out to get his chores done.

It continues to rain when I hear my phone in the other room with Garth singing...Much too young to feel this damn old...the shepherd's ringtone...one of his favorite songs...to which I MISS IT...but call him right back.   He is out feeding and says, "A rainbow to the west...a full one...you don't see that often."   So I head out on the porch to which he hollers...you can't see it all from there...so I run in to put on some shoes and head out...but am caught by the sunrise...




 
The light was amazing and I went and snapped a pic of the new gauge in the sunrise light to be watched by a ram...who thinks I should be feeding him and not snapping pics!
 
 


And I return to my kitchen table and start writing a bit...the words below start to come...

And the rain falls from heaven...yet sleep it does not come...awakened and revived...so thankful to be alive...a new day dawns and hope lingers on...I await...I await...Heaven's Callilng...

And the song...His eye is on the sparrow begins playing in my head and so I decide to search for it to listen to another...and this version is the one that comes up...I think it captured me that she sang in the middle of the night...because she felt like singing...and just the meaning this song has to me...


And as this song began to play...it began to be accompanied by the rain coming harder...and the sweet music of a gentle rain...was as sweet...and I sing because I'm happy...and the rain seems to refresh and it still continues to fall...rain drops in existing puddles...and I give thanks for this "moisture event" that blesses our hearts...our land...and our souls.

When you search for a song...there are always many more that pop up and being the "bike rider" I am...I can go for hours listening to each new song...this one shows up and I confess I love the Sister Act movies and I love this song!!!    And I think JOYFUL!    and Thankful!   Friday I had lunch and got to hang out with my special friend Mary...then yesterday...hung out with the girls...and perhaps tonight...my friend Denise is coming...


Sing your song...enjoy the day!   I may have to go and smell the sweet rain!  And I add one more song for the day...and think again of my mom...as Vince Gill sings with his guitar...



lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment