Saturday, April 5, 2014

Much ado...but really is it nothing?

And there is barking outside as I sit at my kitchen table...I wonder what is out there and then the shepherd comes in and says a coyote out there...to which I look out and there is Bo running across the field.


You see Bocephus is the old farm dog...who goes where he wants...but the dog warning him is Sweetie...she has been such a good dog but she stays within the confines of the pen with the sheep...that's her job and that is where she stays.  However, she barks and it is as though she is saying, "Go get 'em Bo!"   To which he heads off chasing whatever it is that Miss Sweetie has told him to do...albeit not with the intensity that Sweetie does when she is after a coyote...the shepherd has watched her "roll" one...but Bo does what he can with what he has!


Bo...stretching out...
 
And though I have many pics of Sweetie...this is what I find...
but I think...always listening and watching...


 
However, we then have Sugar...the sheep dog in training...Sugar does not seem to have a voice.   Yet she is now learning to run to the ends of the pen and she tries to get out if there is something that she feels needs her...though this morning the shepherd calls to her and she stops and comes back to the water tank and lays down...like oh dang...I so need to go!   

Sugar...CAN YOU HEAR ME?
Sugar...just watching
Usually we do not have a coyote sighting (actually two this morning)...instead we have a truck sighting!   Our neighbor comes by in his little red truck and his dog in the back...I know when he is getting near because Sweetie starts letting us all know that Dick is coming.   The other day I laughed so hard as the dogs can also get in with the Holsteins and so I see Sweetie running to the reach of her pen with her full out, "PAY ATTENTION...INTRUDER COMING!"   When I look and she is followed by one of the Holstein's who is on it...a new meaning to COW DOG...

And I sit here sipping on my green tea as I look out my windows and think what stories and illustrations seem to surround me on a daily basis...lessons to be learned...am I like Bo...when told to go and pay attention...do I?  Go willingly...well that is if I am not asleep on the grass or some such thing.   Am I like Sugar...I try but my words don't come out?  Then I think...Am I like Sweetie who is just so wise and seems like she knows all the rules...and that is where you hear the record scratching sound of STOP...Sweetie you are not...are you sure you aren't that crazy old Holstein that just runs because everyone else is and really has no idea WHY!  

Hmmm...funny the words that can come to you...this morning I thought MUCH ADO...why would I think of that?    Then I thought of the phrase...much ado about nothing.   And to many I am sure you think YES that's her...You had a coyote...end of story!    But for some reason...there are times when the words flow and I wonder if someone else would enjoy the story as much as I...because I have been known just to tell myself funny things because well you know I can crack myself up...because I seem to share my own sense of humor...okay...I lost some there...saying yep she is that Holstein...just running around crazy!!!

Well that is it from the funny farm...lessons to be pondered there...and I think about how I had read of doubting Thomas this morning...of things to be seen if we only believe...and as I am writing this...my Bible is opened to 2 Corinthians 5....and I see 5:7...
 
"For we walk by faith, not by sight."   2 Corinthians 5:7

And I look out and see the shepherd walking  across the  yard tending to his chores with Bo starting to follow behind and then getting distracted...yep...I might just be a Bocephus...if  I am told loud enough to go or perhaps get drawn a picture and I don't get distracted...I might just get it done LORD...

So on that note...this morning I see an Oswald Chambers quote...right there OUTLOUD Katie on my facebook and it reads...

"Why are we so terrified lest God should speak to us? Because we know that if God does speak, either the thing must be done or we must tell God we will not obey Him. " --Oswald Chambers, in My Utmost for His Highest from the Quotable Oswald Chambers.

I go take some clothes out of the dryer and hang them up for the shepherd...his George Strait shirt...we are going to see George tonight...and one of his songs I love I saw God today...


 

I think about this writing...of the words in the song..."His fingerprints are everywhere"...the sunrise...the green grass that is peeking through where once looked dead...thinking of spending time with my kids and one little precious Isabel...and I cannot listen to this song that I don't see her daddy holding her for the first time.  

A proud daddy with his daddy watching on...
So I start to finish this and another George song is showing up...a song I love as well...it makes me think of my son and his dad and his dad...of my dad and his son and his son...of my granddaughter and daddy and his daddy and this video is the one that pops up...yes it starts out with the ring tone I have for Isabel...the poem at the end is beautiful...and so I put it in as well...a tribute made for a dad I do not know...but near the time we were blessed to meet one little Firecracker for the first time...



...and another reminder...that Love stays with us always...and so I think about why I write this...perhaps a bike ride...perhaps reminding someone else that if we but look and listen we are reminded that God is with us...those that have gone on are with us...whether we see Him or them or not...Faith, Hope, and Love abide these three...

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment