Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fool's...aren't we all...

I have always tried to do April Fool's day jokes...my son would put a note on his phone because he knew I would try to get him...my daughter usually was more on to me...though I did tell the shepherd that there were cows out this morning...didn't really get much response.

So I went to the younger crowd and sent a text to my niece...the same niece that quite a few years ago I had told her that her school blew away...to which she was so serious and says okay and then thanks me...the same niece who when I called many years later and told her I was with the IRS told me she could not give me the number on line 37 or whatever line I had said on an older tax return right now and I thought how this little girl had changed.   However, her mom was going to give it to me because she knew exactly where it was...and then her sister says Oh Aunt Penny...oh the days before caller id...so anyway my text went like this:

WARNING! ALERT! AS OF 5:22 AM THE HIGH WINDDS  HAVE BLOWN AWAY THE CEDARRIDGE PUEBLO WEST SCHOOL.   PLEASE BE ON LOOKOUT FOR MISSING SCHOOL.  AT THIS TIME THERE WILL BE NO SCHOOL TODAY FOR ALL GRADES.   THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.  IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT THE LOST AND FOUND SCHOOL DEPARTMENT!

Their mom replied saying...
 
I'm laughing out loud!   One is shaking his head after having a worried look on his face...the other is analyzing the situation.  "No wait. we need to look for it?"  he said.
 
She adds she won't forget that day...I won't either Keri...how you were such a serious one...and I am sure you were so worried about it!   Good ol' days indeed!

I look for a pic of these boys and Firecracker...I think this is about the most recent...so in the ages they are...they all have changed!



So I wait a little longer and decide I will send to a little Firecracker's mom a message:
 
ATTENTION!  WITH THE HIGH WINDS IN THE LIMON AREA THE PRESCHOOL HAS BLOWN AWAY…PLEASE LOOK FOR IT ON HWY 71.  IF YOU SEE IT CALL THE LOST AND FOUND SCHOOLS OR THE LIMON PD!  THANK YOU!
So I wait for the reply in which her mom says she told her that is silly.   I then get a call in which the Firecracker tells her mom that it couldn't happen that she knows that it is attached to the ground.   And so her mom explains what April Fool's Day is to which she says, "Good one Ahma but not good enough for me."

OHHH Firecracker...you make me smile!!!    So here another April Fool's day is about to pass...I think all the birthdays on this day...a special anniversary...and think NOW...just FINISH MY TAXES!   Bet you thought I had them done!!! :)

OHHHH FOOOOLS!

lyp





 




No comments:

Post a Comment