Thursday, April 24, 2014

Granny Day...

And so this morning while at my kitchen table...I was looking at a bird cage I won at Lance's bowling...and was admiring it and thinking of the symbolism of the bird in the cage (perhaps me) and then the bird outside of the cage (perhaps those that have gone on but at times seem so near)...and the song I'll Fly Away came to my mind...and so I had shared with my Aunt Betty as it makes me think of her and mom.   This version was played at Mom's funeral and it sounded so much like them.   Was funny because "Spaz"...I mean Andy...had came up when he found out about mom...and he was playing this cd...and it was just so perfect of the style mom and Aunt Betty used to sing...and so we had borrowed it...


I had talked to my cousin earlier...about my Grandma Bessie...and so these women who are part of me...were in my thoughts and I thought of them...and headed off to work...well the water forum...

As I traveled...Chuck Swindoll spoke of how we should do something to encourage one person a day...and then It is Well with my Soul came on...another favorite...but again I thought of mom...and so after the talking was over I hit the flick button as I often do.   A song came on in Spanish and so I was getting ready to change it when I recognized the tune of Cotton field's Back Home.   This song probably reminds me one of the most of when she loved to sing.   And is funny as I have taught this song to Izzy and she has remembered it...and I find this version with Charlie Pride (one of my Grandma Bessie's favorite singers)...I didn't include the Spanish version...but think  of the Firecracker and how she tells me certain words are in Spanish...


So I sent off a text and said it must be a Granny day...my niece Bethany said she had heard Vince sing "Go rest High on that mountain"  and then my nephew Ethan had heard Vince this morning.    My brother went on a road trip and said mom would have enjoyed...

And so I think of days like this...and think of a hug from heaven...and I think of the day...I had went to the Ark Water Forum...and there was a farmer there...who spoke of his maybe great grandfather had came from Japan...he spoke of raising his children...and just the passion he spoke of raising those melons...that you go out and just smell the sweet of the air...perhaps just a farmer in his own thought...but his words were poetic...and I am sure made many in the room wish they were farmers...I had thought at the time...of his connection with his past...his future...

Another guy talked of weather...and the passion he shared for his love of numbers and weather...and I thought how rich these guys were.   I think of my childhood dream of what I wanted to be when I grew up...A Gramma!    And I think yes that is where my passion is...my children and grandchildren...and again I think of my mom and some pictures I had came across...






So...just loved these pics of the kids...and then found one of mom on the houseboat at Lake Powell and I smile thinking that this was probably the trip that has one of my favorite Kelly stories from...


Today I had been reminded to be thankful...to not complain...so instead of saying I miss you mom...though I do...I will just say...glad I had you...

and this morning I had thought how dry it was and had started to complain in my writing..."Come upon this dry and barren land and bring with it drops of dew to refresh these dying withering plants that depend only upon Your nourishment.   Let me become such a plant that I depend on You for my nourishment... then I seen my lawn was starting to green up...tonight coming home...perhaps it was the sunlight but the alfalfa seemed to have grown and greened up just today...and just seen much more green...and thought--It is well...with my soul...

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment