Friday, April 11, 2014

One of those days...you just feel so NEW!

I know I know...I am supposed to be doing my taxes...but I see this picture of a little Firecracker who went to kindergarten roundup...and I have to jot down some of my thoughts...


The morning started out at my kitchen table...not sure I mentioned Mary and I are reading 40 Days with Jesus Celebrating His Presence by Sarah Young...there is a line in there...

"I want you to live this day abundantly, seeing all there is to see, doing all there is to do." 

And it went on to talk of...

"Much of their energy for abundant living spills over the time line into tomorrow's worries or past regrets.  Their remaining energy is sufficient only for limping through the day, not for living it to the full.   I am training you to keep your focus on My Presence in the present.  This is how to receive abundant Life, which flows freely from My throne of grace."
 
 
And one of the verses with these...Matthew 6:34 and as I read I see the sunrise and love how it seems so cool as the horizon seems to almost show up higher than usual...and I catch the birds flying by...and so I play with it a little...
 
 
And I love this verse...as it goes on...Each day has enough trouble of its own...which later I read in Jesus Calling and it seems to almost repeat the same sentiment...hmmm worry...I think of someone who is a worrier and I pray for her as she is healing to get better...and I think are you worrying about getting your taxes done...and think if you asked my son he would say not enough!   So I share the lines I loved...
 
"To find joy in this day, you must live within its boundaries.  I knew what I was doing when I divided time into twenty-four-hour segments.  I understand human frailty, and I know that you can bear the weight of only one day at a time.  Do not worry about tomorrow or get stuck in the past.   There is abundant Life in My Presence today."
 
 
Abundance...I think of my friend Mary and I get to see  her again today...she is down seeing her mama and I ask for prayers for Tillie...but today I think of Jay Bird and so I throw on my Limon 4- ever-in-our-hearts t-shirt as it has a picture of him right there on my heart...and today...perhaps why I think of him all the more...His Peanut is going to kindergarten Roundup and I think how did this happen!
 
 
However, while sitting at lunch at Fiesta...looking over and smiling because there is Mary and her friend Donna sitting in the booth like so many Fridays they have spent...and I think how I love seeing this site.   I am enjoying the "fellowship" of the shepherd and his folks...yes "fellowship" is what Grandpa Pfeiff calls it...because he has been spoiled by having too good of a cook at home...and so going out to eat might not be is favorite thing...but he humors us for the fellowship.
 
BUT anyway my phone rings Cuppycake and so I sneak outside and it is one little Firecracker!   Who has just finished her Roundup and she is so excited...she tells me of drawing a picture of herself...writing her name with no one helping her...of getting a star...and they said it was perfect Ahma!   It was just perfect.  I can't help but beam with her enthusiasm as I stand outside the Fiesta...and she tells me of how she got a rock from her pre-school teacher so if she got nervous...she just had to take it out of her pocket and rub it!    And then in my favorite Izzy Bell voice and just spirit for life she says..."I just feel so new!"    My eyes seem to fill with tears as I hear this...of how one little girl could ooze so much joy!   She goes on to say guess who came and gave her a hard time!   First I guess Jake...one of her favorite police officers...who she says, "Nope!"   And so my second guess thinking along the same line...since a hard time was given...I say Russell.   She immediately replies, "Yes!"    I smile thinking of how "Uncle Russ" had drove by and knew what she was up to...small towns...
 
But I just am so reminded by one little girl who is excited for the day...and not worrying about tomorrow and I look and see her mom has posted a few pics...and again I think of how this little one who seems was just a baby...is now about to start school!   But like her daddy told me in a text that is still on my phone...she's kind of a big deal...
 
 
So I steal them all because I love everyone of them...not sure if you knew I LOVE pics and I love capturing moments...and when I look at these I will hear one little Firecracker saying...I JUST FEEL SO NEW!    And I smile of her and her mama...who though have been through much...still find joy and smiles and stick out their tongue type days!
 


 



 And as I look at this...I love the hands on the hip and think Hello World...and Kasey Jo talks of her boots and cheese stick...and I think of one of my favorite Lady A songs...Hello World...a little girl and she smiles at me...Oh I know He's there...Hello World...How you been!
 
 
So I hold this day in my heart...one of those keep the window open...spotted a white dove...a good day indeed...And I just feel so new!
 
Guess what Izzy Bell? 
 
lya




No comments:

Post a Comment