Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothers...mom's...and mama's...momma's...

And another Mother's Day about to come to an end...I think of my mom...never called her mother...mama or is it momma?    She was Mom...and I think of my granddaughter...my daughter...and getting to spend the weekend with one little precious Isabel Marie...

I have a picture on my mantle...my mom of days gone by and I think of my cousin talking about her mom and sometimes forgetting to remember "all of her"...how we at times freeze someone in a certain place and that is how we see them...and this just a glamour shot of the day perhaps...I look at her eyes...and I see my son's green eyes...


I think about this woman...her dreams...her thoughts...a part of me...a part of my daughter...a part of my granddaughter...and I wish I would have got to know and love all the women she was...that I waited so long to really get to know and appreciate the love that she had to give...

And today I got to see one of my favoritest moms...with one of my favoritest daughters...my daughter...and her daughter...and to see them reunite of being a part a little over a day...well two nights...but Izzy giving her mom roses...some pink ones...she is gonna love these Ahma!   I think she did Izzy Bell...I think she did!


The bond these two share...a deep one...and I reflect on my day...I think of my mother's day cards and gifts...one from Izzy...giving reasons why she loves me...with her hand print on it...also on the envelope she has written her own name and her mom's...and on the inside of the card.  She gives me a photo album that has her looking like she might be a little dancer and it is engraved with Ahma's Favorite Faces.   Love Izzy.   And then pictures that go with this of some of my favorite faces.   Including some of those other "grandchildren" of mine!!    Such a ham she is...



A sweet card from her mom...the kind that brings a tear to my eye almost every time she gives a card!    An awesome card from my shepherd...that melts my heart.   And then there is my Lance card.   My son...who if I ever got one of the mooshy cards...would assume...well I do not think he would even give me one while on my death bed...but that's what I love of him...and it reads:

"Good moms let their kids lick the beaters."

You open it up and it reads...

"Great moms turn the mixer off first."

AND TO THINK I WAS SO CLOSE TO BEING GREAT!!!    I told him I waited until he was 13 and figured it out!   But that is why I love a Lancey Pants!   So I include one of my other gifts of being a mother...the most recent picture I have of Lance...


I also got to share a ride with another "mom" my husband's mom he shares with me...a special woman...and Izzy and her mom give her a gift...and I get them to pose for a moment...


I also get to see Jay's mom...Grammy...Ahmy...You know I am not certain how to spell...but Izzy's other grandmother...and Izzy and her mom give the cutest little pot with an orange flower...that seemed to pick Izzy...that happens...and I always think she is getting help!


And now a beautiful gift is falling from the heavens...It is snowing...spring snows usually have some moisture in them...it seems to melt as it falls...And I am so blessed and thankful to the LORD that I am a mother and the children that I have...my mother who influenced me more than I knew...sometimes shocked of the words coming out of my mouth...

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment