Saturday, May 31, 2014

30 + 1

Most of this was written yesterday...for the yesterday before that the 29th of May...

And so yesterday morning the shepherd and I were up at 4:00...he had a chiropractor appointment and wanted to get his chores done...I usually do not help but said I would help feed some of his bottle babies...and as we are both getting ready...I tell him 31 years ago we were at the hospital.

Turns out our baby girl was thinking about coming.   Oh she said she was coming but it took her the whole day to decide that she was in fact coming...well I think she got to thinking about if she didn't hurry that she would have to share her birthday with our anniversary.   I wanted to wait 2 years before any babies...well 1 year 364 days 23 hours and 39 minutes...fairly close...

I pull out Heather's baby book...oh no it is not any where near completion...and I am sorry Lance...not much there at all...can't even find yours right now...but I see one tiny little girl in an isolette and I think how fast the time has gone...



I look in her baby book and I read something...written when she was 4 years old...the age of her daughter...I had written...
 
"you told mommy you were going to have a purple house out by the mailbox your husband was going to be nice like daddy - not handsome, black hair you said you were going to have 5 girls & 5 boys (we will see)."

And I flash forward to you now a mommy to your own 4 year old...a purple house by the mailbox...yes I could hear your daughter telling you the same thing.   After all the mailbox was a long way to four year old legs!    Well a little further than the mailbox...and not purple...but enjoyed spending time at your birthday.    Enjoyed those there...though I know you were not surprised to see us...but wanted to give you your Texas gift bag...You poor thing...have to see George Strait in Texas AGAIN during this birthday time...I snap a few pics of your birthday...my baby girl...30 + 1!
 
 
Thanks Aunt Aum...the ice cream cake was delicious!



My baby girl...all grown up...not really that OLD!
 
Happy Birthday...since the first princess would wear the crown...
We might just be a little bit of a clown!

 
Love these two mama's and their girls...even if one has her tongue out!


Listening and loving...


I think if we could all eat our mashed taters like this!!!
 

First bite of watermelon...seemed to like it!   Love those Grandma's!!
 

It is hard to eat Daren when I am sooooo tired...


Aunt Aum...making sure we all had a big slice of cake!!!
Assisted by Oppy who seemed to stay hidden well...
 
Heather getting help with her gifts...


Preparing the watermelon...

Open up...

Cool fries don't just happen!

Love these girls...PRINCESSES!


Don't tell him...a little blurry because he usually is dodging me...
but a good one...don't tell him I said that either!


HOLLYWOOOOOD!  Baby B!
A flying Baby B!



Some guys...gotta love an Andoooo!

A "book" from Grammy!

Helping out...

Southside...where the one who was waiting on you...holds the baby...
And who even knows what kind of story might be told between these two!


Jake and one of his favorite ladies...

 
And another...he has some sweet girls...
this one might have him wrapped around those cute little pinkies...
Guess you didn't sit quite close enough JAKE!




No Texas trip complete without FLIP FLOPS!!!

And so a little late and so I will stick this up...Happy Birthday to my daughter...I am blessed to have her in my life.   I admire and adore...and am thankful for her and her daughter!   Happy Birthday Heather enjoyed spending time with you and some of "your people".  ENJOY TEXAS...and now that George is retiring...maybe that pool boy gig will come through!!!
 
lya
 

No comments:

Post a Comment