Sunday, May 11, 2014

21...

And so I start going backwards...as I already missed Ethan's birthday in blog time...but got to experience it with him in LIVE time...in person...even got to sit by him when we ate...one of my special people...we all met up in Denver at the Matador (well a parking lot downtown)...the reason chosen...because my cousin Kelly had done some work there...and Ethan thinking a lot of him...chose this as a place we should check out...a thinking of one who shares a birthday close...and thought of this weekend as well...

We had to spend some time waiting...I with my camera...sometimes get caught up in just watching what goes around...and the joy I feel watching those I love...LOVE!   We had worked on making a SPUN OUT 21...consisting of 21 choices where to eat and gift cards or cash to go there...I had enjoyed working with his mama on this project as she was over on our side of the  mountain working!   But I get a pic...or maybe two...


His Grandma Ethel and Grandpa Chuck there...giving a special quilt...a treasure to have for sure...Oh that Ethan makes me smile with some of his expressions...




Izzy had her own gifts...TOYS!   A Nerf gun that somehow I took it has something to do with ice cubes...and though 21...he loves toys...and he loves one little Izzy Bell as he thanks her for her gift...

 
And always fun to have party horns...when hanging out in the parking lot...
 


 
 
And when the white truck filled with those who had traveled from Cedaredge...I loved capturing their greetings...though I missed Garrett's greeting as he bailed out of the truck and wishes a happy birthday to his friend...a good one I wish I would have caught...so instead...it is just the after...
 
 

Caught the siblings almost after they were done hugging...and "little brother" and "big sister"...love these two...need to work on getting there quicker...


But third time a charm when I catch Ethan and Josh...and I loved seeing these two...both share the bond of loving one special princess!  


And I think FAMILY...as I look and see these two...one would think it had been so long that they had been apart...but a song comes in my mind as my brother has always adored his "smokin' hot little bride"...and the words came in my mind so I look it up..."Where've you Been" an old favorite song by Kathy Mattea...and the words...I'm just not myself when you're away...



And perhaps it odd to share a song such as this but perhaps it is love such as these two share...the kind of love that creates a special one as Ethan...a love that we should take note of...and I capture a couple pictures of these two...so happy to be in each other's company...apart on their wedding anniversary...but reunited for their son's birthday...always a busy time for them...it seems Ethan was actually born on Mother's Day or close to...and then anniversary...but I stick in Shane and Jo...a couple of my favoritest people's in the whole wide world!

 
 
 
And as we waited...I loved the light of the evening...catching glimpses here and there...
 
 



















 
















 
And the words come to my mind...FAMILY...we may not have it all together but together we have it all...May we always remember how blessed and loved we are...
 
 
So Ethan I know it is past your birthday and it is getting late...but I am thankful to have you in our family for 21 years...you are a special blessing to me and to all of us...not only when spending time with you...Shane...Lance...do I get time with the each of you...I get some time with my dad as well...and so I end with a favorite pic of you that definitely lets us know you might be related to Jim Lance and I pray for our family...that LOVE continue to be the foundation of what we mean to each other...
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ESHUN!   
 
 
LOVE YA LOTS!
 
lya




No comments:

Post a Comment