Monday, October 1, 2012

WHY...why must we cry...

And just like yesterday...I am taken back as I drove to work today I noticed a parade of cars and thought of the family today of Mary Ricard who was killed as she worked at the Department of Corrections.  Today was her funeral...I had to go through Ordway and noticed how many vehicles there were...many law enforcement vehicles...all showing respect for someone who lost their life in the line of duty.

I read on Sgt. Mary Ricard and seen that she had been a baker and then went to work at the DOC...as I drove home with a beautiful sunset in the distance...perhaps Mary's sunset...But as I drove by the prison...I thought of the darkness and hate that filled those walls...and thought WHY must some take others lives as though they were nothing...and words of a song came to me...May not be one I share other than the words of Why...why must we cry...

I journeyed down the road and thought of Jay and again...WHY?   I continued home and passed by where two little babies stay and thought WHY?   Certain things just make one's heart feel the loss and pain...but I so admire those that remain behind that pick up the pieces and carry on as those that are gone would want them to.  

I think of my weekend and spending time with my brother and family.   Hitching a ride with my daughter and one little Firecracker over to the western slope (which I must say the Grand Mesa was beautiful).   Of my daughter and nephew having a little mishap on the Razer...a few bumps, bruises and stitches later...they are healing up.  But the part that sticks with me here is the texts I got tonight as I talked to Heather who had thought she might play some volleyball but really shouldn't be...and I am reminded why I love those who may have just seemed like the stream of cars...but we are reminded of the support.   Some may not think much...but I do!   There was Jake...who holds such a special place in my heart and seems to be a special one God put in Heather and Izzy's life just because.   Who I take was being protective of my girl...of the Chief and wife who came by to check up on her.   It is these things that say, "I love you and I loved the one you lost"!  Not all are blessed with such a support system...but I am thankful for the one that we have been given...

It is my hope that those who were Sgt. Ricards people are there for her people as well...so I include one of the pics of the amazing sunset...The trees seemed to be as important a part of this as the sky...I see strength there...I pray for strength for those in need of.   I think of those who have been taken and though I wonder...I pray for those who are left behind...they are the ones Lord we pray for Your strength...


lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment