Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Jay day...

I awoke this morning as though my name was being called...and so I got up knowing today was a special day...I was not sure how it would be...but I knew it would...I went to my kitchen table to find the verse on one of my calendars..."Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trails of many kinds." James 1:2.   Now I might have to work on that one...But it seems to stand out all the same...

I went to read the Jesus Calling...

"TRUST ME ENOUGH to let things happen without striving to predict or control them.  Relax, and refresh yourself in the Light of My everlasting Love.  My Love-Light never dims, yet you are often unaware of My radiant Presence.  When you project yourself into the future, rehearsing what you will do or say, you are seeking to be self-sufficient: to be adequate without My help.  This is a subtle sin--so common that is usually slips by unnoticed.

The alternative is to live fully in the present, depending on Me each moment.  Rather than fearing your inadequacy, rejoice in My abundant supply.  Train your mind to seek My help continually, even when you feel competent to handle something by yourself.  Don't divide your life into things you can do by yourself and things that require My help.  Instead, learn to rely on Me in every situation.  This discipline will enable you to enjoy life more and to face each day confidently."
Psalm 37: 3-6 and Philippians 4:19 were the scriptures given...
 
 So I went to Psalm 37 to look up the scriptures...but the whole chapter took me in...

Psalm 37

Of David.

1 Do not fret because of those who are evil
or be envious of those who do wrong;
2 for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away.
3 Trust in the Lord and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him and he will do this:
6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun.
7 Be still before the Lord
and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret—it leads only to evil.
9 For those who are evil will be destroyed,
but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land.
10 A little while, and the wicked will be no more;
though you look for them, they will not be found.
11 But the meek will inherit the land
and enjoy peace and prosperity.
12 The wicked plot against the righteous
and gnash their teeth at them;
13 but the Lord laughs at the wicked,
for he knows their day is coming.
14 The wicked draw the sword
and bend the bow
to bring down the poor and needy,
to slay those whose ways are upright.
15 But their swords will pierce their own hearts,
and their bows will be broken.
16 Better the little that the righteous have
than the wealth of many wicked;
17 for the power of the wicked will be broken,
but the Lord upholds the righteous.
18 The blameless spend their days under the Lord’s care,
and their inheritance will endure forever.
19 In times of disaster they will not wither;
in days of famine they will enjoy plenty.
20 But the wicked will perish:
Though the Lord’s enemies are like the flowers of the field,
they will be consumed, they will go up in smoke.
21 The wicked borrow and do not repay,
but the righteous give generously;
22 those the Lord blesses will inherit the land,
but those he curses will be destroyed.
23 The Lord makes firm the steps
of the one who delights in him;
24 though he may stumble, he will not fall,
for the Lord upholds him with his hand.
25 I was young and now I am old,
yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken
or their children begging bread.
26 They are always generous and lend freely;
their children will be a blessing.
27 Turn from evil and do good;
then you will dwell in the land forever.
28 For the Lord loves the just
and will not forsake his faithful ones.
Wrongdoers will be completely destroyed;
the offspring of the wicked will perish.
29 The righteous will inherit the land
and dwell in it forever.
30 The mouths of the righteous utter wisdom,
and their tongues speak what is just.
31 The law of their God is in their hearts;
their feet do not slip.
32 The wicked lie in wait for the righteous,
intent on putting them to death;
33 but the Lord will not leave them in the power of the wicked
or let them be condemned when brought to trial.
34 Hope in the Lord
and keep his way.
He will exalt you to inherit the land;
when the wicked are destroyed, you will see it.
35 I have seen a wicked and ruthless man
flourishing like a luxuriant native tree,
36 but he soon passed away and was no more;
though I looked for him, he could not be found.
37 Consider the blameless, observe the upright;
a future awaits those who seek peace.
38 But all sinners will be destroyed;
there will be no future for the wicked.
39 The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord;
he is their stronghold in time of trouble.
40 The Lord helps them and delivers them;
he delivers them from the wicked and saves them,
because they take refuge in him.
 
I realize that if not for Jesus I would not be righteous...but because of Him I am...No I do not claim to be perfect...far from it...Amazing Grace...how sweet the sound...that saved a wretch like me...and so I inlcude Todd Agnew's - Grace Like Rain...a take off of an old favorite...
 
 
 
 
 
...and earlier I had went to capture the sunrise...a beautiful one indeed...and so I include the other verse for the day Philippians 4:19 with it...
 
 
And while taking a picture...yes me strolling around in the yard in my slippers and housecoat...I looked up and there is was...the moon...and it always serves as a reminder...this scripture comes each time I see the moon...a Selah if you will... (Selah...a word that says Pause and calmly think of that...)
 
 
I seem to be getting lots of combinations of photos and scripture...I love putting them together...As I said it is a Jay day...he is deeply on my mind...
 
I was given this scripture today...
 
 "Fear not, for I am with you: Be not dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, Yes I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
 
 
Ahhh Jaybird we love and miss you...Thank you for being a part of our lives...
and 4EVER in our hearts!
 
 
Prayers for strength...prayers for love...
 
lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment