Sunday, October 28, 2012

My own boo at the zoo...


So the little "cookie monster princess" should be at the "Boo at the Zoo" in her little cookie monster with a princess flare at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo...I hope to have pics but her Uncle Andooo may not let any pictures be taken!   (So I stole this off of facebook...HAHA Andooooo)    Has to be the cutest cookie monster I have ever seen.  When asked what she was going to be she told her mom something blue...something like cookie monster...

Oh I love that face...what a cute Cookie Monster!
Quite the Cheeeeezer!
I think the giraffe is trying to steal her cookies!!!!
 
Anyway though not as cute here on the "funny farm" it still was a beautiful fall day all the same!   Lance was down for the weekend and before he headed home we had some lunch--"pot roast" or "pot luck" as some call it...LUCKY TO HAVE SOMETHING TO THROW IN THE POT!!!    But it seemed extra good today...cooked the roast with fresh garlic and onions...then added potatoes and carrots.   Just hit the spot...Even made some garlic bread from the homemade bread made yesterday...along with a salad with yes a tomato that is still hanging in there from the shepherds stash!  (My cinnamon rolls still need some work).

So nothing against you Chief and Cowboy fans...BUT football was not that great and so the shepherd and I decided to take a walk and enjoy this beautiful fall day!   I decided to grab my "shooter" because you never know what you might come across...

Well it was an adventure to say the least...so I take you on the journey with pictures...

In the wild behind the house...I call it a silver cottonwood...but the leaves hang on...
This one did not make it...but thought was cool all the same.
Being the keen tracker that I am...it appears that sticks have been on the move.
A shepherd and farm dog in their natural habitat...
No not a porcupine...close...a yucca...where farmland and prairie meet...
Stopped to take a pic of the stubble...when the "eagle-eye" shepherd caught site...
Can you see it?  Yes Jeff this is when I have a little zoom envy!!!
How about now...so I will use my ZOOOM for you...


Yes DEER...can you see it now...

And that is the last I seen as two of them ran off...
And so then there I was...walking along with the shepherd when he says well there's a skunk...yes we both thought that he was dead and he says you better get a picture at which time the dead skunk comes ALIVE...so these are true action shots as I begin running as I am clicking...but do you see where  our shadows were in relation...Perhaps not the adventure of my cousin Vonnie...her skunk story is too funny http://wwwlife-as-i-see-it.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-skunk.html check it out...


Yes that would be BOO at the or maybe POO at the zoo...
And this is when the speed walking takes place...well for one of us...one just checks out our find!
Must confess was glad to get  home to these wild animals!! 
Though they may stink in their own right...
if I keep my distance...I am safe! 

So I followed the shepherd around doing chores...yes I am officially fired from chores...but we did discuss how many babies he'll be birthing...so I caught a shot of some of the sheep and decided in my own artistic way to make my own jack-o-lantern...yes the heads are the eyes!!!


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
So like I said kind of our own boo...but yes life is good here on the funny farm!  The shepherd and I are off tomorrow to get a check on the old knee...

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment