Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sometimes a smell...

So perhaps the fall day...maybe my son coming home...maybe because there is a coolness in the air...but today I decided to make "hamburger rolls".   I suppose some might call them bierocks but these not are with cabbage or kraut...Actually these had different fillings depending on the customer.

My mom made the best hamburger rolls and she actually passed that gift on to my son...however, I did not have him make them.   Tim brought me some Montana flour and I mixed up my bread dough.  The smell just made me think so of my mom.    She made the best bread...and funny how the smell of bread dough could bring back just a feeling of "home".   Maybe that's why I worked on this pic today...it actually is my front porch and the original of it has some really cool light...but I instead played with it...


 
So I took some pics as I was working on my hamburger rolls...first I mixed up the bread dough.   I love how bread dough feels when it is the right texture and how you can work it over and over again just to watch it rise once more...because part of the trick is in working the dough...I love the Tupperware recipe and the lid popping off...
 
 
 
As I had separate orders...I made Izzy and Ty's first...NO ONIONS AND PEPPERS!    So I cooked the hamburger separate from the green chili's and onions.    Since they are more the cheeseburger fan, I put American cheese on theirs.   I also had made them smaller...later to have Lance come in and say who taught you to make hamburger rolls...though I did help Mom...I did not have the memory of such things...as how big.
 
 
 
 
Once these were done I combined the hamburger, green chili's and onions.   Since Lance likes no cheese and extra chili's I decided to doctor his up and also add some bacon for something different...
 





 


I diced these up and then added them with the hamburger and rolled on the dough...and then when finished I made the rest with cheddar cheese, the hamburger/green chili/onion mixture...by the time I was putting these together...actually Lance made it in to tell me that they should be  bigger...so bigger they were...
 
 
So as I am finishing this up...I get a message pop up that says something like xoiea[ifnieaop;sdkpaioefn...that is Izzy talk.  So I asked what she was doing...to which she told her mom, "tell her I in bed."   I then told her and her translator that I had made Izzy some hamburger rolls and a hot dog roll and cinnamon rolls...to which she said, "Tell her to bring them right now."   So I am finishing this up so I can at least send her pictures...and Izzy Bell..you better get to sleep so you can BOO at the ZOO tomorrow!!  
 
lya
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment