Sunday, October 7, 2012

It's not your party...

[If there seems to be inconsistency in time...I wrote this two different days...all on the same bike!]

And now I sit here curled up by the fire with a the softest blue blanket that was made with love from one special "Blue" Bonnie...and I am playing with pictures.  Was a good day...celebrated a milestone with a special niece to be!   Congratulations Celisse...what an accomplishment...good to have a nurse in the family.

The shepherd had put on a pot of chili yesterday while I was away...and so even though the weather is cold...this is how cold weather should be appreciated.   It is funny when the first cold snap comes in and we are thinking it will freeze and just how very cold it is...then we endure a little winter and we soon are yearning some days for weather to be "freezing".   But for now we think of how cold it is.   Isn't that how it is...often we think how "bad" we got it and then realize that we have it so good.

The last few days have been busy as I had headed to the big city of Aurora for work and since traveling through Limon...just had Mary drop me off and spent the night with my girls since the following day was Firecracker Flex Friday.   When we arrived one little Firecracker was curled up on her Aunt Autumn's lap fast asleep in quite the get-up.  Yes it probably was an Aunt Aum outfit...a princess dress with her sweats still under and then her pink princess boots from Aunt Autumn.   But then she woke up and with much wrestling and "wallering" with Aunt Aum...she was ready for fun.   I caught several pics but this one just seemed to just make one just feel the JOY!


It amazes me how one little girl has such a gift of making others feel love and joy...Oh she is a three year old and at times has the characteristics of a three year old but in thinking about it so do I...and she has much more reason to do so.   Perhaps I put here what I thought was perhaps another writing...but part of it I include.   Since I am fessing up to the whole three year old thing!    I know I am pretty sensitive and probably at times sense more than is even there.   When things go on...I automatically think well why is this happening?  Why am I going through this?   And often I am reminded...IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU!   Well the other morning as I was going to pick up Mary to head to Aurora I was listening to Pastor Al on the radio and he was talking about the prodigal son's brother.    How he was whining if you will.  Here I have been here all the time...here I have done this....look at what he did...and Pastor Al had said "This ain't your party!"  

Isn't that how we do at times...try to make something our party...be it pity or otherwise.   That it isn't even our party!   And so I want to think about that.  I am starting to read Power Thoughts by Joyce Meyers and am working on a positive attitude...which now takes me back to one little Peanut in a princess dress and sweat pants...dancing to the drum she hears beating!   How she so often chooses to LIVE and LOVE.    What examples the little ones can give us.  Her and I were playing hide and seek.  She was on the floor and said you can't see me.   So I told her I put on my special glasses and she just laughed with such a big belly laugh.  Then she put on hers to see me.   She then went to hide her eyes and I was in the chair I took her hoola-hoop and held it in front of me.  She comes out and says, "Ahma you not hiding."   To which I reply you can't see me I am behind the hoola-hoop.  So she immediately pulls it away and finds me.  

This morning as I was thinking on this.   I was thinking how at times we think that we are hiding...from others...ourselves...from God...when in fact all that hides us is a hoolahoop.   But then I thought God has those special glasses of Love that He sees us through...for that I am thankful!   And thankful for the many lessons I learn from one little Firecracker...

So perhaps a rambling but so enjoyed my time with my girls.  On Friday while others had to go for a meeting with attorney's...I was given the tough duty of THE PARK!    We traveled to Washington D.C. on the train...we raced cars...teeter tottered...swung...and even went down the worm slide a few times (no not me!  Visions of me stuck in the worm slide are not a pretty one)...I thought how I got the good gig...was a little chilly but still playable.   The morning was a little chillier as I had spent Thursday night and woke up to snow...well a grapple I suppose...

Friday night I went with the girls to Limon Homecoming and got to watch Miss Shonda NOT play ;) (sure looked like her).  Then my ride, Lance, showed up and we even checked out the bonfire...not sure if Izzy liked it or all the "red and blues" out and about.   A lot of police and community support for the festivities.   Miss Izzy Bell was given the choice for supper Jenny's, IHOP, or Wendy's.   To which she replied McDonald's!   Yes this girl does march to her own drum...

Enjoyed my ride home as I got to visit with Lance all the way...yes this had to be a highlight for him as I know how much he likes to "visit".   Also, got to ride with him to Pueblo.  I have probably exceeded my quota.   Like I said...we took in celebration of Celisse (our nephew Brendon's bride to be) getting  her RN so proud of her!   Lots of time and hard work...admire those who can go into the health care field but...count me out...


So today...made some lasagna with the shepherds homemade sauce...With the down time from the knee surgery...he has put up tomatoes and chili's...so glad to see him healing up.   So decided to finish up this blog I started writing last night.  Seem to start them but don't finish them.   Maybe something I should work on in my Power Thoughts!   Perhaps not just Power Thoughts but Power GETTERDONE's...POWER FOCUS!   So enjoy the day...was reminded of a great scripture this morning at my kitchen table and so I put it on one of the pictures I took...I think are these choke cherries?

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment