Tuesday, June 19, 2012

She was old...HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jay Bird

So I am still on chore duty though the shepherd keeps doing more and more...sometimes probably more and more than he should...but what can you expect from a shepherd...so anyway last night we had a ewe that died.   As it was almost dark when doing chores we decided to load it up this morning...which I called in a much better loader driver than I...thanks Great Grandpa Pfeiff!  

After we pulled her out and read the number I sent a DRT text (Dead Right There) to Lance.  His reply was, "She was old".   I am sure he will say that about me some day...and I thought you know that's how I wish it was...after many years...that is part of the whole circle of life cycle...I realize we all have a 1 in 1 chance of dying...but hate it when some don't get to use their whole time...guess it is not my call...but I thought about today being my favorite son-in-law's 29th birthday...Hardly what one would call old...but today it seemed to hit me...you should think more about how he lived!    And so my thoughts were of him probably making fun of me...but I swear I could almost hear his laugh...you know the one where it came right up from his belly...

On my birdcage by my kitchen table...I have different pictures hanging...one of which is Jay with the Yowell boys...Micheal and Ty...I guess Izzy is an honorary Yowell...got her pic taking with the clan...even though Ty has told her he was her boyfriend pretty much from the day she came home from the hospital...but this picture always makes me smile...

Okay I may have got distracted...but in this picture...it is where Jay is laughing so hard...I am not sure Tyler is seeing as much humor in it...but this one just shows that laugh that was contagious...you couldn't help but laugh just at Jay laughing...This was at Izzy's first birthday...but really I think if you listen close...you can hear that belly laugh!


I had seen many had posted Happy Birthday to Jay...Heather had dedicated George Strait...Here for a good time...I was thinking of him singing Roxanne...if you never heard Jay's version of Roxanne...you missed out.   But Jay definitely left a large part of himself behind...his Peanut!   

Miss Isabel Marie Sheridan seems to be a reminder often of her daddy.   That girl has lots of her daddy in her...I am thankful that she has so many people in her life that continue to keep her daddy with us...one of which is her Grandad Sheridan...Recently they went fishing...yes in Limon...and making memories indeed...


I love this pic...one fish two fish red fish blue fish...so I hear that her and Grandad say that she caught them all...but I love that she is sharing with Jay's dad and I think of that song...she thinks we're just fishing...but probably one of the things that makes me think lots of Jay in his Peanut is her story telling abilities...

This weekend she and her mama hitched a ride with LaLa on Father's Day.   She was intrigued by the frog story I had told her...but she said she seen a frog and so she makes her mom...who is talking on the phone...go with her to find the frog...so mom carries her out there...Well one little Isabel begins to tell her Uncle Lance about Bo eating the frog and then going to his stomach and then it would come out his butt.   Well the story was funny enough in its own right...but her actions went with it...


And her uncle "LaLa"  laughing at her story...and taking it all in...


I know that Jay was on many minds today and so I say Happy Birthday to one who was the life of the party...and think of how much he lived in his short years with us...an inspiration to make those around us enjoy just a little bit more...without a lot of thought of what others thought...we are who we are.   I came across this picture and just made me think of PARTAY JAY how he brought fun to life...to those around him...


I included a dragonfly...as I have stories...not sure I have shared...but I read a little blurb on them...kind of made me think that maybe sometimes we should live a little in the moment...

  • Focus on living ‘IN’ the moment
    The dragonfly normally lives most of its life as a nymph or an immature. It flies only for a fraction of its life and usually not more than a few months. This adult dragonfly does it all in these few months and leaves nothing to be desired. This style of life symbolizes and exemplifies the virtue of living IN the moment and living life to the fullest. By living in the moment you are aware of who you are, where you are, what you are doing, what you want, what you don’t and make informed choices on a moment-to-moment basis.

    This ability lets you live your life without regrets like the great dragonfly.

  • Not sure why I include that...I guess sometimes many of us go a life time without being aware of who we are...so I say Happy Birthday Jay Bird...We love you and miss you...and I heard this song today for all of us that are still here "chugging along"...A Luke Bryan song...I know I know...pretty random...but what else would you expect!   lyp


    No comments:

    Post a Comment