Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hold them up in prayer...

This morning the shepherd in the other room says that the officer who lost her life...her daughter was 12 years old...my heart felt for her...and I began to pray...and it is that reason I ask others to hold them up in prayer.   I remember when we lost Jay and that time after that you have that numbness but there seemed to be something that holds you up...I choose to believe that it is others that are praying for you...praying that you will make the day...that you will put one foot in front of the other that you might find something of joy in the day...and so I urge others to think of this young girl...I did a search and found a good story by the Denver Post...Friends, family remember Denver Police Officer Hollis .

I read things that describe her and I also think of Jay..."She brought a smile to everyone's face"...they have a picture they posted of her.  Such a young woman...and as I read the article...I seen that her parents and sister had recently moved here and I was so thankful...thankful that this little girl who has lost such an important person in her life has "people".   People that though will never replace her mother...people that will love her and be there for her.  

So please take time out of your day...send up a prayer...asking for their comfort...their healing at such a time...

I seemed to have been given a special scripture...besides of course Psalm 23 again...but this morning Matthew 11:28 comes...

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Thank you Officer Hollis for your life...for being willing to give of yourself...I pray that you are in a better place...I pray that your daughter come to a better place...in part because of your willingness to make it better.    God watch over those that are left behind...give them rest...give them hope...

I came across this song Heavenly Day by Patty Griffin yesterday...and it just seemed that it should go with this...I would pray that the family of Officer Hollis would feel her love...a love that can transcend all lines...and may they have a day of peace...a heavenly day.


Rest in Peace Officer Hollis and thank you for your sacrifice!

God Bless you and keep you...

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment