Saturday, June 2, 2012

BE STILL...Shepherd Update...

So last night we finally had another lamb...have been waiting...and the good Lord looked after me and was an easy delivery...other than the mother thought she was a dear and wouldn't stay in the jug...oh well.   Actually the shepherd had came out on the porch to check things out and while I am filling buckets with corn says...you are going to have a baby right there tonight...sure enough...

I think he (the shepherd that is) is doing pretty good considering.  He had a rough night with some pain in his hip but his swelling in the knee was down today and the bruising is better.   So here is too healing...was funny as the Jesus Calling for those of you who read it says for today...

"RELAX IN MY HEALING, holy Presence.  Be still, while I transform your heart and mind.  Let go of cares and worries, so that you can receive My Peace.  Cease striving, and know that you can receive MY Peace.  Cease striving, and know that I am God."
So had to take a quick break as I heard the shepherd call my name.  I went running in because he is doing the CPM and was afraid something was wrong...just about busted my tail end rounding the corner...okay I really wasn't traveling that fast...just not real graceful...but thought that would be a sight...me sprawled out in the kitchen...but it was fixable...just has a leaky staple...I guess 1 out of 24 isn't too bad...

Anyway the writing above just seemed to fit...as RELAX isn't really one of the shepherd's favorite words...Be still is kind of a tough one as well.   But so proud of how well he is doing.

So that's about it from here for now...morning chores are done and waters filled as it seems like it might be a hot one.   But 40% chance of rain we seen.  We pray for rain.  Tim's cousin Ed came by this morning and we were discussing infomercials and we got on the subject of something that was supposed to help grass or something...he says yeah I know what our grass out  north needs...RAIN.  We talked of having an infomercial...for RAIN!   Perhaps you had to be there...but was funny...

So I say have a good one...went out to check on the new baby and the moon was amazing so I was messing with some different settings and so my shutter was left open longer...needless to say I didn't stay completely still...but more still than on another one in which the moon looks like it is falling...but was funny as the scripture for the Jesus Calling this morning was Psalm 46:10 and it begins..."Be still, and know that I am God." 


So this is a little playing with the actual photo...as close to a painting as I might ever be...but I read on in Psalms.."The Lord of hosts is with us.  The God of Jacob is our refuge..."

And I also include a pic of my little baby last night...I think it is a cute one...still a little dirty...but cute all the same!


And I smile as I think it is going to be a good day...after all they have on all John Wayne movies...Lance is coming home...and this baby lamb is still alive!!!  

I read the end of Jesus Calling...

"It is through knowing Me intimately that you become like Me.  This requires spending time alone with Me.  Let go, relax, be still, and know that I am God."
Have a good one...

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment