Sunday, March 15, 2015

Baby Calves...Blue Bonnet songs...Lambs...and my boys...SPRING TIME!

I finish what I started yesterday...how I love spring time...such JOY and miracles it seems...I had begun writing yesterday...

An awesome pi day...3.14...went with Lance to the cows...we discussed Kasey Jo waiting to have little Baby O and kind of cool if would be born on pi day...this year being 3.1415...ANYWAY...I love spending time with my son...though here for a short time...it is weaning time for the lambs and I hear them this morning...they are not pleased!

While feeding calves...we were checking on the milk cows...how close one was...well as we walked out around them...mama seemed a little more standoffish than normal...I am sure Lance was happy I had my camera to help speed us along (this would be a place for the sarcasm font to be entered)...those old nurse cows have such personality...we laughed as you can tell a milk cow...had it right out there with everybody!!   I laughed at Lance telling his dad...he thought she was quite a ways off...not even bred...and then telling him she had it!

Yo MAMA!

And as Lance got closer...there it was cow Pi ;)   Okay I thought a fitting name...I am sure the shepherd wishes he was a she...but adorable all the same...hiding there in the shelter.   And I had posted a picture of the hidden treasure...still wet even...

cow Pi

And I had a friend say something this morning of being able to catch miraculous moments and so I feel I should give credit where credit is due...The Good Lord often provides such amazing gifts to us if we catch them...and I read in Jesus Calling by Sarah Young for the 15th and it just seems to go along with it...

"LISTEN TO THE LOVE SONG that I am continually singing to you.  I take great delight in you...I rejoice over you with singing.  The voices of the world a cacophony of chaos, pulling you this way and that.  Don't listen to the those voices; challenge them with My Word.  Learn to take minibreaks from the world, finding a place to be still in My Presence and listen to My voice.

There is immense hidden treasure to be found through listening to Me.  Though I pour out blessings upon you always, some of MY richest blessings have to be actively sought.  I love to reveal Myself to you, and your seeking heart opens you up to receive more of My disclosure.  Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."


"The LORD your God in your midst,
The Mighty One will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17
 
And part of this just makes me think of that little calf hiding...and so I had some words to another picture...
 
 
And I think of my friend Janelle who had shared a pic...and earlier had been asking for prayers for her daddy...one of those old cowboys that just makes you smile!   And so I am thinking of her and  her family...and may you have peace in these times...the other verse in this morning's reading...
 
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7
 
And so I continue on with my day...like I said got to ride along with my son...watched him walking across the way and of course snapped a pic...
 
Lance...my favorite son!
 
And I am taken back when he was little...wondering what he would be when he grew up...and I am proud of him and love to see glimpses of my little boy from time to time...I pray for his travels...and that FLIGHTS BE ON TIME!    And I smile because as I write this portion I am watching to see...and his flight was a little delayed...but enjoy the sunshine...though I don't know if you could get a better day than yesterday right here at home!
 
I was listening to Aaron Watson sing Blue Bonnets and it just made me realize how precious our time is.   He wrote this for his little girl and so I listening as I watched Lance sort lambs out the window for weaning...thinking of my friend Denise having her last Saturday working at Frontier...bittersweet...yet so much is.   And there was something Aaron Watson wrote about Blue Bonnet...
 
 
 
And I pull the following from my journal...
 
An awesome pi day…3.14…went with Lance to cows…then took pictures…listening to Blue Bonnets by Aaron Watson talked to Jo and enjoying the fruits of the spirit gifts received from her…just a good day!  
Days like this are treasures…watching Lance out my kitchen window sorting lambs…like blue bonnets in the spring we’re only here for a little while…thinking of Denise on her last Saturday at Frontier and seen  how she touched lives in her time there…pack light and love heavy…give it all your heart and soul so in the end you won’t regret one thing.   

Aaron Watson wrote Blue Bonnets for his daughter, Julia Grace, who he lost…why do we say lost…I feel he knows right where she went…and he wrote something that I relate to…in why I write of those I have lost…and I cannot think of a harder thing than to lose a child but I loved his words…

Honestly, I am completely humbled by the love and support God has surrounded me with, in the form of family, friends, and fans. So many of you kept us in your prayers when we lost Julia, and now 3 1/2 years later, I am absolutely honored to share her song with you, and with the world. My intent in writing this song was not to create sadness, but rather to encourage you to cherish life's precious moments with your loved ones that much more. I will forever be thankful for the short amount of time that we had with Julia Grace. And as her daddy, it makes me smile to see her song at #1 on the iTunes chart, even if only for the day. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you!

I so relate to what he says...my writing isn't to create sadness but rather to encourage you to cherish life's precious moments...
And as I write this I have Pandora on shuffle...Coldplay sings See You Soon...and it makes me think of another we lost too soon...but then it is followed by it's a Brand New Day...and think it would be a good one to put some of my pics too though these aren't mine...I let you listen all the same...and then Wishing by Sugarland comes on...and I realize how much how all kinds of music talks to us and reminded of reading this morning..."He will rejoice over you with singing...and I realize that He sings to us through all kinds of music...if we stop and listen...and I think how random my shuffle is as Bowie begins to sing Changes...and it is an old favorite..."Time may change me but I can't trace time" I always thought it should say Time may change me but I can't change time...and so off I go off on my bike...
 
And so I leave with a few pics of my day yesterday...just enjoying the spring time day...and I think of yesterday's Jesus Calling...
“DO NOT HESITATE TO RECEIVE JOY FROM ME, for I bestow it on you abundantly.  The more you rest in My Presence, the more freely My blessings flow into you.  In the Light of My Love, you are gradually transformed from glory to glory.  It is through spending time with Me that you realize  you wide and long and high and deep is My Love for you.
And Clapton sings me out with Before You Accuse Me...you see I think that is to all those who say YOU HAVEN'T GOT YOUR TAXES DONE!!! You know who you are...so I am off for that...HAPPY SPRING!!!   James Taylor sings...Shower the people you love with love...hmmm

time to eat...

not as clear of the birds...but you know....

Excuse me...could you moooooove!

Look at those eyes!

If you seek Me...you will find Me...when you search with all your heart!   



Taking a bath...

What is that green coming...

The Queen Sweetie!

A sunny lamb...framed...

Bo just digging it!






It's gonna be a bright bright bright sunshiney day!!!
 
You are gonna what!!!   I want my mama!!!

much quieter here than later...always hard to be taken from their mom's! 

Just waiting to have some kids!

Got your goat!

Just taking it all in...


I think this is saying too many pics....but I included a couple of the southdowns...

And then she said...


Newest Southdowns...sooo cute!!!!   TWINS!


And I think of all the beauty around just for the looking...and Norah Jones sings...You Humble Me LORD...and I sometimes in such awe...of all that surrounds us...

 
 
And so I didn't get this finished earlier...and so while doing my taxes I was watching a PBS on John Denver...and it talked of him writing Annie's Song in like 10 minutes as he went up the ski lift...just looking at all the beauty and so when I go out to help the Shepherd...we are talking about what a beautiful day it is...and I said if I were John Denver...I would have written a song...he said oh you'll probably just write a blog...and so shepherd you fill up my fences....oh maybe I should go more original ;)
 
 
 
And I can't resist this one....my "country bumpkins"...having one of their meetings!
 
 
And so I stop...the shepherd having a baby...well not him personally...you know what I mean!   Have a great week this week...and think of my son...WORKING!    I think of my girls and hope they had a fun weekend...I have been blessed!
 
lyp


No comments:

Post a Comment