Sunday, August 17, 2014

Why kNOT?

I have been slow in getting all the pictures for Kasey Jo and Kerry uploaded...and so last night I was working on some more and I am sure some may wonder on the Why kNOT theme...that you might have seen and wondered...

So in this blog I dedicate to not only a very special to me...but to their parents...

When a certain Kieran Patrick O'Halloran asked Ted Pennington about marrying his youngest daughter Kasey Jo Pennington...those that know Ted find no surprise that he said, "Well I don't see why not."   Or something on that order...I wasn't actually there...but with it...the whole tying the Knot theme was born...the K...Kasey and Kieran...but I came across this picture last night and it is one I caught pretty quickly and not as tight a focus as I like...but there was something about it that captured the moment of a daddy giving away his daughter to a man that he prays will love her and cherish her...take care of her...and of course maybe bring him grandbabies one day...



So I start with the hug...such emotion these two shared as they made a fairly quick trip down the aisle...a kind of let's do this approach...and I think of these two...and how one girl went out in the great big world and got away from those roots...but went and experienced other things that are out there and came back to embrace and cherish those country roots those roots of home that make her Kasey Jo...And I think of the father/daughter song...and yes Kasey Jo...I see it as well...may have to add pictures and make your own video but for now I include the song...



And one usually thinks of the father's and daughter's but there is also the mother's and daughter's... and I find one that I love of my special friend Mary and her daughter...cause it turns out I see a little of your mother in you as well...
 


And I do see glimpses of another...certain moments...You gotta love a Stella!


And so I focus first on the bride because I know her best...known her longest...but I think of Kerry...I think of the groom's parents...Of not getting a picture of them together until Kerry had made a change into his Ninja turtle shirt and I said something to his mom and she said that's my boys...and how proud they seemed of their son...and share their love with Kasey Jo...


And I think about Kerry not really being a "country boy" but he dressed as one and looked pretty good and seems to embrace it...and I think about he and his mom...and her saying that they don't dance...but she danced anyway...why...for her son...

I think of the song I don't dance as it makes me think of  Kerry...(as I also think of a certain guy I know)...but it's words seem to fit...


Kieran O'Halloran a mountain boy just going about his business when into his life would come a Kasey Jo...forever to be changed...and I watched the two of them...and the special things they bring to this table called life...he wearing boots for her and she Ninja socks for him...mingling their own unique styles...as in this thing called marriage...may you continue to bring out the best in the other...making each other be the best that they are meant to be.




 So in this "dance" may the LORD bless and keep them...I think about being introduced to the crowd as Mr. and Mrs...and they just had such joy about them...of their heart felt appreciation for those that came to share their day when they toasted and seemed to strengthen each other...



Perhaps the day is over...but memories as well as the Love and Joy will continue on...as they walk off into the green of a little town called Oak Creek...and the journey is only beginning!


 
Love you lots!

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment