Thursday, February 13, 2014

Smiling...

I had posted this morning on facebook with today's forecast that accompanied bare feet with smiley faces painted on all of the toes...



Forecast....Here's a TOEst plenty of smiles on the horizon...see how many you can find!!! And if you don't find one...Give them one of yours!!!

I had to head out early as I had to be in Colorado Springs for a meeting at 8:00 a.m.    And I realized why I appreciate living where we do...as it took longer to find parking and find the meeting than it almost took to get from Pueblo to Springs...but a good meeting and everyone seemed to have smiles...I thought of the toes...well a few accountants...might have not...NO I think they all did!!   It is entertaining to watch engineers and accountants in the same meeting...

After the meeting I headed off to go visit my Aunt Arlis...I knew the vicinity but called my cousin Kim for better directions...and the nerve she was WORKING and couldn't answer...so called up Arlis' sister Patsy...who gives my kind of directions...informing me I had indeed passed the place I was supposed to turn but got me going in the right direction after a nice little visit.   Again laughter!

I then was getting closer and thought I would just call where Aunt Arlis was and get directions...both of the people I talked to though the first one said can you put it on your gps...and I realized I am behind the times...but both friendly...I got there and had a great visit with Aunt Arlis...and laughter...of course I did bring chocolate!    But they were playing music and she spoke of dancing and I told the others there that she and my uncle Glen...were great dancers....I loved watching them waltz!    I saw a woman there kiss her husband goodbye...knowing he might not know who she was...but yet...just knowing you have someone kissing you on the forehead...it makes a heart hurt thinking our loved ones might not know us...but still with many sad stories...again...many smiles.  I was impressed of how joyful the women working there were...

I then called ahead for some Fargo's and stopped by to pick it up as Kim wasn't going to be able to do lunch...so I got a salad and stole some pizza for lunch...with enough for supper...and remembered days gone by...looking across the street and seeing where Lynn's OK Tire store was...of the nights hanging out after the stock car races...I could almost smell the rubber of the tire store...when about that time...I heard an engine revving at the shop across the way...and I thought I was almost there!   In at Fargo's it seemed that the people went above and beyond and more smiles!

I then went to do some shopping and had positive experiences in each of them...and thinking how lucky...blessed...I had been I had one more stop...the post office...okay this might be the clincher...BUT NO...three guys working that just made you laugh...they were enjoying their job and I noticed that it was contagious.    He asked this woman how she was and she had a fine and you....and he told her amazing.   It caught her off guard and she said that is a good answer!    Another woman was having trouble with her check going through...but just the interaction with the one taking care of it...seemed to remove the hostility usually involved in such incidences...and it just hit me how their attitudes seemed to rub off on all that were around them...

Was just one of those days and as I headed home I looked at an amazing sunset in my rear view window...so no everyday isn't like that...but today was and so I am thankful!     I hope you all had days of smiles!   Of course we had sunshine and mud...now that's gotta make you smile!!!

lyp

 




No comments:

Post a Comment