Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Where does it go...it goes on...

And so this morning I look and there on facebook is one little Firecracker...Izzy Bell...heading off in the very cold Limon morn for preschool.   It hits me...where has the time gone?   Izzy is older than some that start as she has been blessed to have the support of one Grandad...Grammy... Auntie... Mama...and sometimes an Ahma and Oppy...that has allowed her to stay home a little more in these precious few years.   Oh there are all kinds of thoughts and camps on what one should do.   However, one little Isabel told her mom awhile back that it was time for her to go to school!    So they checked it out and then decided she could wait until after Christmas...and so here today...she began.    And the pictures made me think of her mom.   So excited to take on the world...



Not sure if this is when...but it sounded like she told her mom to hurry up mom you don't want me to be late for my first day.   This picture looks like she was either cold...or keeping her mother straight.


When I called and asked how it went...Izzy said "good".   Her mom said her favorite part was probably going to the gym...sounds like her mom for sure!  But I thought about her dad as well today.  Wishing he could have been here to take it all in as well...I didn't talk long as they were going to go out to dinner...meeting up with friends...

And in the blink of an eye I picture one little girl who was so tiny...rockybying her...playing paddy cake...and now she is going to preschool.   Oh I know kids do it all the time...but it is just another milestone...in which life as we once knew it will never be the same...and again I think about her mom...when going off to college and I a little teary (I know that is hard to believe) tells me well there isn't anything we can do about it.     And I think of how it is that John Wayne attitude that may have helped her out in some of what she has went through..."Just what the hell do you want me to do about it sister?"  attitude that says this is what happened...but life goes on...

And on it goes...with a little Doc McStuffin backpack and her favorite purple boots...it goes on...



(Pictures "borrowed" from Heather Sheridan)
lya

No comments:

Post a Comment