Saturday, January 18, 2014

Stock Show is a coming...

Was one of those good days...my brother and his "little bride" spent the night and got to share "B's and G's" with them before they headed off for their side of the mountain...via Punkin Center...Limon...Frisco...

My son had made it down by lunch time to work on getting his sheep ready for stock show...you know that it is getting close to stock show...when you got cowboys showing up to check the sheep!!    Trent and Lindy Sharon were out building fence and so they had a couple helpers...one of their helpers a nephew...the other was one of their sons...about the same age his daddy was when I first got to know him.   I heard that there was a littler guy helping...but turns out his Gramma Loretta who lives down the way came and taken him to her house...before the shepherd had told me that I would want to come out and bring my camera...and the shepherd was right...(but don't tell him!).
       

Such a beautiful day here for January...sheets on the line and I ventured out to see what the shepherd was calling me for...And there in the lamb pen was two little guys...My camera wouldn't stop clicking with subjects like these boys...





The shepherd was giving them a tour and loving every minute of it...and as soon as they had checked these out they were ready to move on to the next thing and off to watch shearing...they watched the shearing...I loved watching these little cattle guys...take it all in!



While out...I could not keep from snapping away...from the little boys to the big boys and so I just share some of these blessings that I seen on this particular "bike ride" around the farm...and I came across this particular one and it just OOOOZED with Joy and so this verse seemed to go with it.   His mom had replied to the caption with these words, "I love that caption....great to view his business as a gift from God!!!"    And I know sometimes when you are the momma trying to keep up with these little ones you wonder where your energy will come from...but gifts indeed they are.  And he was definitely taking care of business!    The business of JOY!


                    

 
You might wonder why this little guy is so cute...well let me give you a hint!
 

This guy...a cousin to the other little guy...reminds me of his dad...Wyatt....even if the little one told him he wasn't a Sharon boy...he says, "Yes, I am!"    And I would have to agree...


I had read the other day to expect and watch for the "surprises" God has for you throughout the day...who knew that it would be such a beautiful day...with different "surprises" right in my own yard.   I caught pics of Lance getting one of the sheep ready for stock show...





 
I did get some other pics I loved...but the night is not so young...and so I close with the sun going down on the stock show outfits...hanging on the line...and I think next week at this time...we will be sleeping to get ready for the big show in Denver...


Loved the joy that was brought right to me today... just in these little ones...be it lambs or boys...God has special surprises indeed!

lyp

No comments:

Post a Comment