Thursday, January 16, 2014

Forever Young...

This morning at my kitchen table I was reminded of a song that had made me think of losing my cousin Kelly...Forever Young...I found a video that seemed to make me think of him and his motorcycle riding and I start to write carefree life...but none of us have a carefree life...and I think of another song that came up of Forever Young a version by Jay Z and talking of how the words that jump out to me are of having a video life...and perhaps when we lose those...we do only put the memories in the video that highlights them in the light we want them to be played in our heart...

But of course the Forever Young I had was Dylan's words...but sung by...and STOP!

AND AS I GO TO PLAY IT...my computer shuts off...oh you might be thinking it was restarting...and just stopping the songs I had uploading that I had recorded (not very well) of when we listened to Michelle sing the other night...and I think of her giving a toast to her uncle who would have been there with us...and you know I feel he was--his love with each and everyone of us!   Michelle sang beautifully (and I am so excited to see what lies ahead for her) surrounded by many of her family.   I got to hitch a ride up with her mom and dad...and I think of my connection to her and think well her mom did introduce me to the shepherd...and Vonnie (Michelle's mom...my cousin) met Michelle's dad through Kelly...my Great Aunt Helen had talked of ripples...of touching another and another touching another...I had wanted to share one of Michelle's songs here but having trouble uploading...it spoke of scars...ahhh scars...a reminder of the wounds that we have had...and the healing that takes place and leaves but a scar...I have seen the pain...I have watched healing...until what we see is but scars...and I cannot include her song...but hope you hear it elsewhere...


The shepherd took me out to catch my ride and the sunset was amazing...but not to be outdone by the eastern sky and the moon...each amazing in their own right...and again I had thought of Kelly and Forever Young...as he was one of those who will stay forever young...even though in his eyes he may have thought he was getting old...still a young man.   And so I share a picture of the moon as we drove...and of peace...



My "sister" Jo is here and we were discussing what to wear to the funeral today...as we assume there will be those who are representing the Harley...to probably all different...and I love that.   When you touch lives in all places...That you did Kelly...We were talking though of how Kelly usually seemed like he was and we try to put a word on it....Kelly...I say a "sharp dressed man"...even in his Carhart's...I think of my brother Shane the same...and am reminded of the don't worry what you are going to wear...and when I had opened facebook this morning...this was the first thing I seen...


And as I was saying at the beginning of this...my computer shut off...to me seemed to signal to get back on track of what I had started...time at my kitchen table...and I laugh as I read the Jesus Calling devotional...and I share because others may need to hear as well...

"COME TO ME, and rest in My loving Presence.  You know that this day will bring difficulties, and you are trying to think your way through those trials.  As you anticipate what is ahead of you, you forget that I am with you--now and always.  Rehearsing your troubles results in experiencing them many times, whereas you are meant to go through them only when they actually occur.  Do not multiply your suffering in this way!  Instead, come to Me, and relax in My Peace.   I will strengthen you and prepare you for this day, transforming your fear into confident trust."
 "Come unto Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.   Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart. and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and my burden is light."  Matthew 11:28-30
"No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you.  I will not leave you nor forsake you."  Joshua 1:5 
 "Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."   Joshua 1:9
 These words just set with me and was a prayer for Kelly's family and friends for myself...and I begin to play Forever Young...and so I share the video...as the motorcycles make me think of Kelly...I guess I have not watched the show this was from...but the words seem to play in my head...sung beautifully by Audra Mae..It says from Sons of Anarchy...though not familiar with...but do love the video...


 And so I share the written words of this song and I think of Forever Young...that these words be a prayer...a reminder of Kelly...that we might all stay forever young in our hearts...as little children...I think of heaven...and we will be forever young...and though I don't know what heaven is like...I have this picture of Kelly in my mind with the sun beaming on his face on a beautiful day with a Harley wide open...and that little cockeyed smile on his face...wide open...
"Forever Young"
May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
May you stay forever young.

May you grow up to be righteous
May you grow up to be true
May you always know the truth
And see the lights surrounding you
May you always be courageous
Stand upright and be strong
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
May you stay forever young.

May your hands always be busy
May your feet always be swift
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift
May your heart always be joyful
And may your song always be sung
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
May you stay forever young.
 
I have a Kelly sunset pic...but it is still in the making and so I want to work on it...but may we all stay Forever Young...Thank YOU Lord for my cousin Kelly...for all of those that we lost what seemed way too young...

Godspeed...

lyp
 

No comments:

Post a Comment