Thursday, January 9, 2014

We will miss you Kelly...


It is with heavy heart...I write...this morning I seemed to have extra things I needed to read and think on...pray on...as if preparing me for something...I had been given the word lackadaisical...and just the whole thing of goals and actions.   I had read on how procrastination could sometimes be one of the worst things because we always think we can do that tomorrow!    Be it make things right with God...with family...with others...sometimes we don't end up always having one more day...I had wrote these words...

I seek a purpose…I seek a cause…I seek who I am…I seek who I was…
I wonder if I will ever see…the person that GOD created me to be…
The shepherd was to have a cancer taken off of his nose and so I was off work when I got the call from my cousin Vonnie...to some Yvonne.   She is my mom's sister, Betty's baby girl.   Vonnie told me that my cousin Kelly had died...Kelly is my age...52 years old!    That is too young...that is close to the age my dad was when we lost him...Those tough guys maybe...put lots of miles on in the amount of time they had.

Kelly was that "cool" cousin.   I cannot hear George Thorogood or Guns N' Roses that I don't think of Kelly...I don't have memories of Kelly biting me when we were little though I heard maybe he had...but I do remember going as fast as he could down a hill in Tuscon with no brakes on the bike and just sliding it on its side.    When it came to some of that stuff...Kelly was pretty much "Bad to the Bone".    He was maybe one of the toughest guys I know in the things he survived...

But there was another side that maybe not as many knew.   Kelly was that one that keeps in touch.   That is there for family.   I remember Kelly coming to a concert of his niece Michelle...because he was in to that kind of scene...no--because he loved his niece and family and supported what they did.   I think of Vonnie's son Bret...who could have been Kelly's son.  They have much in common...that fearless gene.    Kelly and my brother and Shane's son, Ethan all had a special bond as well.    My last memory of Kelly was when I got to get together with a bunch of my Aunt Betty's family for my birthday...and Kelly telling the story to my cousin Mick's kids about the "special" white elephant gift...the sombrero dish...and loved hearing him talk of trying to disguise it so no one would know and they all laughed about getting another one to throw them off.     I caught a couple pictures that I just loved...and wished I had got more...but was already pushing it getting the ones I got.


 

Kelly had such a quick wit...and could make you laugh so hard...while maybe cracking that smirky smile of his.  The faces he could make.  Not one to say a lot of words but one of those UNIQUE one's.   Just always thought of him as my "cool" cousin.   One who though I didn't see often...will miss him dearly...I am not sure he realized how much others thought of him!    And if you would have tried to tell him...you probably would have got a look...

This morning with the fog coming in...knew there was something...while in the surgery center today there was these trees on the wall and it said Our Family Tree written on the wall.  Though I was not close enough to see...there was a little girl pointing out to her mom that there was one missing...and I thought of those leaves that have fell from our family tree...and I hope and pray that I see them again one day...




So I think of my Aunt Betty...Kelly's siblings...their children...while I thought the "cool cousin" to them probably the "cool uncle"...and though I am not sure the reason...know my thoughts and prayers are with you all!   May you keep those precious priceless memories in your heart...and don't put off until tomorrow...telling someone you love them...

lyp    



No comments:

Post a Comment